PDA

View Full Version : Fathers Day

76S&S
06-16-2011, 02:15 PM
So I was reading through the "anyone else not been on the water yet" thread and realized that this will be my first Fathers Day without my Dad. D@mn I miss the old fart. If your Dad is still with us, be sure to let him know how much you appreciate him this weekend.

pmkkdx
06-16-2011, 02:25 PM
yep, my dad passed in April 2004 and not a week goes by when something comes up where I wish I could discuss the topic to get his take on it.

Cmpdman
06-16-2011, 02:28 PM
So I was reading through the "anyone else not been on the water yet" thread and realized that this will be my first Fathers Day without my Dad. D@mn I miss the old fart. If your Dad is still with us, be sure to let him know how much you appreciate him this weekend.

Great post! My dad is still with us & battling cancer. We are planning a big celebration this weekend.

BIGBADBLUE
06-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Very good thread. I lost my dad last fall and I miss him everyday.

We are all busy, but take time to be with your dad as you will regret it if you do not. Life is too short.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-16-2011, 02:32 PM
The first year without someone is always the toughest, especially one's father. You continually encounter things that dad always did.

EWood1326
06-16-2011, 02:47 PM
want to say sorry for all those who has lost their father! I know its tough for my wife arond this time and i want to voice what has already been said and tell your fathers if you still have them how much they mean beacuse I know sometimes I dont do that.

willyt
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM
first year the 'old fart' is coming down to my town, boat all day saturday and hit a reds game up sunday. Cinci has much better boating than columbus...

funk
06-16-2011, 04:11 PM
The first year without someone is always the toughest, especially one's father. You continually encounter things that dad always did.

You can say that again, just had our first mothers day last month since we lost her. Definitely a somber day but made it fun just for her. Anyway, we also lost my grandfather last year but this year i'll be taking my old man golfing in San Clemente saturday and out on a local fishing boat sunday morning. I guess we can enjoy our time together and also appreciate what my grandpa/his dad taught us to do, as well as bring home something for the bbq to follow.

Cheers to all the fathers!

76S&S
06-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Great post! My dad is still with us & battling cancer. We are planning a big celebration this weekend.

Sorry to hear about the big C. That's what I lost dad to last August. It is such a horrible sickness and strikes so many. Prayers sent for you, your dad and family.

gatorguy
06-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm lucky to still have my Dad. He's been out of the Country for 5 of the last 8 years. He and my mom just got back 2 wks ago, and this weekend we are going to visit them for 2 wks. It's amazing how many times I would go to reach for my phone to call before I realized he was on the other side of the world. Every day older I get, the smarter my parents get.

Jerseydave
06-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Lost my dad 10 years ago to cancer, he was my mentor. Looking back I wish we spent more quality time together, but I have many years of great memories with him.

Everyone go spend the day with your dad because time doesn't wait.

swardco
06-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Great thread.

I am lucky enough to still have both parents. Dad is 79 and still slalom skiing!!!!!!!

Hope I got that part of his genes.

76S&S
06-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Great thread.

I am lucky enough to still have both parents. Dad is 79 and still slalom skiing!!!!!!!

Hope I got that part of his genes.

That's awesome, hope I'm still on the water at that point in my life. On second thought, hope I'm still going period at 79!

h2oskifreak
06-17-2011, 06:08 PM
My father said "Don't buy me anything for father's day. let's all go fishing for the day". He is wise and has his priorities right. My sis, her kids and me and my son are going next week. Way better than a tie or dinner out.
My father is the best person I have ever known and I am not just saying that. He puts everyone ahead of himself and gives beyond belief. Very rare qualities in a person and I have benifited along with who ever is around the man. We are all better for having him.

kskonn
06-17-2011, 07:41 PM
I can still remember when I got addicted to being on a boat at 3 years old when we lived on the lake, now I can take my pops on the boat tomorrow for an early fathers day. He is 60 years old and he was able to get up and wakeboard for about 10 minutes on his 3rd try, he is ready to go tomorrow.