PDA

View Full Version : Did something stupid!

Mag_Red
07-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Last week was murder! Hiring and interviewing new painters, trying to keep my contractors happy while all this was going on, and one contractor holding money on me. So when Saturday mrning came I was so excited to get to the lake that........................ I backed the new Ford truck into the garage door.http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/banghead.gif Apparently it wasn't all the way up. Luckily it only scrapped the paint off the top 2"s of the tailgate.

parks_jr_55
07-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Don't feel too bad man, I backed up into a newspaper holder in my 2 week old Mazda3. It only had 900 miles on it. It was dark out and i couldnt see for ****.

erkoehler
07-24-2005, 10:57 PM
did you get the houseboat?

Cloaked
07-24-2005, 10:59 PM
did you get the houseboat?Yea!! Priorities here!! Forget the Ford and the door.

Houseboat I tell ya'!

:D

Mag_Red
07-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Yea!! Priorities here!! Forget the Ford and the door.

Houseboat I tell ya'!

:D Yeah it's pretty much official. His new boat is arriving next week-end so I told him I'd take it. Still thinking about the date for the party. Seems there's a Poker run down there the week-end of the 10th, so I may re-think the date now.

stevo137
07-24-2005, 11:34 PM
I closed the garage door while the wife's Cherokee hatch was still up last year. Cpl of good scratches.

betsy&david Harrison
07-24-2005, 11:36 PM
My Ski Bud Farmer Terry did something stupid....He did the usual oil change on his 85 S&S and put the boat in the H2O today. He is pulling a friend on a wakeskate and suddenly stops. Turns out that oil was leaking or should I say spewing all over the place. My main-squeeze pulls his boat out of the lake and long story short...when changing the oil filter make sure that the rubber piece comes off with it. He got it figured out after he put the same filter back on and it happened again. This time when he pulled the filter off the old rubber piece from the old filter popped off too. All is back to normal on the boat now. Heck of a clean up job though. B

Cloaked
07-24-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah it's pretty much official. His new boat is arriving next week-end so I told him I'd take it. Still thinking about the date for the party. Seems there's a Poker run down there the week-end of the 10th, so I may re-think the date now.Good thinking, I'm thinking. :headbang:

Looking forward to a weekend of fun.

JEREMY79
07-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Hey Mag, sorry for your accident. You want it fixed?? :D

captkidd
07-25-2005, 10:28 AM
My Ski Bud Farmer Terry did something stupid....He did the usual oil change on his 85 S&S and put the boat in the H2O today. He is pulling a friend on a wakeskate and suddenly stops. Turns out that oil was leaking or should I say spewing all over the place. My main-squeeze pulls his boat out of the lake and long story short...when changing the oil filter make sure that the rubber piece comes off with it. He got it figured out after he put the same filter back on and it happened again. This time when he pulled the filter off the old rubber piece from the old filter popped off too. All is back to normal on the boat now. Heck of a clean up job though. B

Did the same thing in my previous I/O. Went out to the lake and was cruising around when it started overheating. Lifted the motor cover and saw oil all in the bilge. Got towed in by a Supra and loaded it on the trailer, went and bought more oil, fixed the filter and tried it again. Engine practically seized up, but made it back to the trailer. Required a total rebuild. Expensive lesson, but better that I learned it then than now.

captkidd
07-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Mag, would a tailgate protector cover the scratches? Much cheaper than repainting, and the nice ones look pretty good too.

peason
07-25-2005, 10:38 AM
When I put the boat in the garage I open up all of the seats and the back storage compartment - my 209 has the pads that open in the center and are hinged at the port and starboard side. Needles to say, my wife was loading the boat up to take the kids out and she forgot to put the "wings" down. It about tore them off. New skins and $400 later they look as good as new. Lesson learned with out any one getting hurt!
It could of been worse!

ski_king
07-25-2005, 11:02 AM
We have all done something "stupid". It proves we are all human.

Ric
07-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Last week was murder! Hiring and interviewing new painters, trying to keep my contractors happy while all this was going on, and one contractor holding money on me. So when Saturday mrning came I was so excited to get to the lake that........................ I backed the new Ford truck into the garage door.http://forums.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/banghead.gif Apparently it wasn't all the way up. Luckily it only scrapped the paint off the top 2"s of the tailgate.
good thing you know some painters!
Slap some weatherbeater on there and get out to the lake!

OhioProstar
07-25-2005, 11:47 AM
I have jumped into the truck to pull out of the garage and....left the engine hatch up. Thank God I noticed it just before it hit. The garage door put a small tear in the bottom of the hatch.

Ric
07-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I have jumped into the truck to pull out of the garage and....left the engine hatch up. Thank God I noticed it just before it hit. The garage door put a small tear in the bottom of the hatch.
I actually did that too with my 190 and normally things don't go this well for me, but..... The hatch caught the trim on the door opening only, tore that trim piece off and I am not kidding when I say the hatch door didn't receive even a scratch. Not one bit of evidence that dummy had just tried to rip it off the boat :o

betsy&david Harrison
07-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Privatelakerelic needs to post some of his funny stories here. In these cases he isn't the one who f'd up.

tpttool
07-26-2005, 11:55 PM
You be one dem' retardos.

betsy&david Harrison
07-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Taint me darlin! Jus some past history lessons tha's all.

Mag_Red
07-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Found out it's going to cost $570 to fix :cry:

betsy&david Harrison
07-27-2005, 12:13 AM
That's a pretty penny..Ouch! :eek:

Mag_Red
07-27-2005, 12:16 AM
You ain't a kidding! Could have gotten a new stick for that sort of $$$$$ :mad:

milkmania
07-27-2005, 12:42 AM
You ain't a kidding! Could have gotten a new stick for that sort of $$$$$ :mad:

don't feel bad....
Saturday's lightning took out
two satellite receivers
one LNBF
one television
one DSL Modem
one DSL Router
one Travel Trailer AC unit

and a partridge in a pear tree:rolleyes:

erkoehler
07-27-2005, 12:49 AM
Where is Jeremy? Can't he get it fixed up for ya?

Mag_Red
07-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Where is Jeremy? Can't he get it fixed up for ya?he's about 2.5 hours South of me. It's already at the body shop getting repainted

erkoehler
07-27-2005, 12:56 AM
Atleast it wasn't across the back of the boat :dance:

jimmer2880
07-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Unfurtunately, I've left the engine-box up & started to pull out already. Whew - that was close!

Hillbillytoober
07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
hey booby, me real gud at matchin spray paint. i painted my hole camaro last week and it looks real nice like. bring your pickup on down with some beer an i'll fix u up reel nice like