PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon out on the Delta

GoneBoatN
06-16-2011, 01:33 AM
One of the local wakeboard reps was having a demo day at the Delta. My son and I got to spend the afternoon on a boat including Aaron Rathy. Aaron took a run and it was simply amazing to watch especially having the vantage point from the back of the boat!

JMann
06-16-2011, 01:50 AM
where was the demo day on the delta, disco bay? How did you hear about it, I live in the bay area and would have been interested. Where do you usually ride?

GoneBoatN
06-16-2011, 02:18 AM
Heard about it from my local dealer. Today was my son's 15th birthday and we went to the shop to buy him a new life vest. A guy in the shop then told us about the demo. Just happened by luck.

I've been tentative about the delta being relatively new to boating. Mostly have been going to Don Pedro and Berryessa. Now having been to the delta mid week I'm certain to be going back. Doubt I can convince my wife to drive the boat in the delta but I have a friend who has been boating on the delta for years. Going to get him to go and have my wife in the boat - maybe just maybe she might be a bit more comfortable with the idea that way. The flat water of the delta will be just far to enticing.

We went out of Orwood today, turned left and basically did the big circle around Orwood island passing by Discovery Bay on the way back.

76S&S
06-16-2011, 11:44 AM
My son got to ride with Rusty at a demo put on by our local dealer yesterday. He's 15 also. He had tried a Mexican roll last weekend a few times, landed it on his 4th try with Rusty's help yesterday. We are on our dealers email list and found out about the demo via email.