PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Seat recall's anyone else??

lawdogg149
06-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Anyone else had or having there seats recalled due to yellowing of the material. I have had some of the seats replaced since MC didnt send all the seats to fit my boat right the first time. Now have three yellowing seats. Seats that were replaced are starting to yellow again. *** MC whats really going on. My dealer keeps telling me three more weeks till the rest of my seats arrive. Just putting reaching out to the MC world see if I am alone. Maybe having to trailer boat up 2 hrs to MC to park in front of the headquarters to prove my point and frustrations. $70,000 boat that keeps having issues is bad customer relations.

Boat is 2010 Mastercraft X-15

MIskier
06-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Anyone else had or having there seats recalled due to yellowing of the material. I have had some of the seats replaced since MC didnt send all the seats to fit my boat right the first time. Now have three yellowing seats. Seats that were replaced are starting to yellow again. *** MC whats really going on. My dealer keeps telling me three more weeks till the rest of my seats arrive. Just putting reaching out to the MC world see if I am alone. Maybe having to trailer boat up 2 hrs to MC to park in front of the headquarters to prove my point and frustrations. $70,000 boat that keeps having issues is bad customer relations.

Boat is 2010 Mastercraft X-15

Mastercrafts vinyl supplier may have had problems with that particular batch of vinyl and that is why you are having problems. If you are that close to the factory try contacting them, Parker Stair would be a good one to try, and give them a chance to explain it to you. It sounds like they are trying to fix things for you though, you have to realize that the boats that need to be shipped are going to be in front of your seat being redone because they have to change from the '11 vinyl to the '10 vinyl which is different.

lawdogg149
06-16-2011, 12:00 PM
thanks got a message into him now.

priemd
06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm having simlar problems on my '10 X-25 with the seats yellowing. Talked to my dealer last weekend and sounds like getting them replaced is not going to be a problem. Just need to get them over some pictures that they can send off to the factory.

lawdogg149
06-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Guess leaving messages at MC doesnt work either. Crazy since there is a true problem why not replace the seats with 2011 vinyls. The seats that were replaced are already yellowing them selves doesnt help to have three seats that are in the same area to compare too. Darn you MC this is my second MC and this is making think hard on my next purchase.