PDA

View Full Version : Any One Else Not Been On Water Yet !!!

gabehonda
06-15-2011, 10:46 PM
UUUUHHHHHGGGGG....... Here we are, Fathersday weekend coming and it is going to be my first time of the year on the water !!!!!!!!!! Between Rain for the whole months of April and May and then High water from the rain , then throw in sons Baseball , Daughters softball and working 6 days a week , Didn't leave much water time..... Just venting ...lol.... Usually in water and tan by now with some wakeboard runs under my belt.... I guess thats what i get for living in the fine state of Ohio. Looking for anyone else that hasn't been out yet ...someone else feeling my pain.

JJMorris3
06-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Been skiing for months here in Austin, sorry.

kskonn
06-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Started at the End of March in Central Texas- I would gladly trade you some warm weather for some rain though.

10ptmust
06-16-2011, 01:28 AM
I feel ya, I've only gotten out twice. And once was only cause I was jonesin' for some time on the water, it wasn't true boating weather.

kskonn
06-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Hey-- if you were on the boat it was boating weather!! It is just that some boaters are tougher than others.

I was in the same boat, no pun intended, this year. I broke my ankle last year in the prime of boating season and missed the second half of a great summer, I was out their freezing my @ss off in early March because I was just ready to get out there.

Brian B
06-16-2011, 03:25 AM
Been going out since March. Prolly 20 times. Averaging 2 days a week........

Sorry! But do enjoy your fathers day weekend!

epnault
06-16-2011, 04:53 AM
I am with you. I have been out only a couple of times. I only have 2 kids but they are busy every single weekday night with baseball in June. I live in Wisconsin and we did not have a spring this year-just a long, long winter. Actually, it doesn't exactly feel like summer around here yet and it is mid June. Horrible season so far.

bturner2
06-16-2011, 05:43 AM
Only skied twice this year so far. Keep getting rained out and when it isn't raining it's 58 degrees like last weekend. Hoping to get three days straight this weekend.

willyt
06-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Ohio? Not out yet? Common man I can't wakeboard this season due to a knee injury earlier this year but my boat's still been out 7 or 8 times (albeit no kids, wife or girlfriend cramping my schedule) Where you at in Ohio?

dpolen
06-16-2011, 08:01 AM
We've only been out 1 time so far...and it was only for like an hour. Boat has broken down and been towed in, wakeboard tower got smashed up when neighbors dock lines broke loose...2011 is not off to a good start for us with the boat. Some guy emailed me about potentially buying my boat last week...I seriously thought about letting her go to a new home.

-V-
06-16-2011, 08:16 AM
I am going for the first time on sat, when i was in texas i used to be at lake austin at least 2-3 times a month for 2-3 days at a time, but since ohio weather this year is not very nice, it will be the first time sat. Heading to west branch.

Double D
06-16-2011, 08:16 AM
I know your pain! My boat has been out once during a Sunday back in April. With busy work, son's baseball (another tournament this weekend) and now daughters recital this weekend I am screwed again. My weekend will be spent driving from Canton to Port Clinton and back (2.25 hour drive). So much for Fathers Day.....

-V-
06-16-2011, 08:43 AM
this is the first fathers day in about 4 years that i will actually be at home to spend time with my family for fathers day. doing video chat over the internet while you are in Iraq doesn't really count.

madman
06-16-2011, 08:52 AM
First time I put the boat in the water was on may 5th this year. Been wakeboarding with a dry suit in the rain a few times this year(lousy weather so far, no real warm days yet) no ski runs yet. Going to ski this weekend for sure. Did you know that bimini tops are pretty good umbrellas?

DemolitionMan
06-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Have been out 5 times so far this year. It has almost been too hot.

pmkkdx
06-16-2011, 09:18 AM
been out numerous times since mid March on various central TX lakes ... those are rapidly dwindling due to lack of rain & unbearable temperatures.

This will be the first year in 26 years that my kids won't be around for father's day ... cherish those painfully busy times of kids activities while you can. They grow up quickly, take on spouses and then the calendar becomes a challenge for both family sides...

scott023
06-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Been skiing for months here in Austin, sorry.

Started at the End of March in Central Texas- I would gladly trade you some warm weather for some rain though.

Been going out since March. Prolly 20 times. Averaging 2 days a week........

Sorry! But do enjoy your fathers day weekend!

Hey braggarts, he asked who HASN'T been out yet. Not who has. Sheesh. :rolleyes::D

Jorski
06-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Haven't been out yet either.

Spring is always a very busy time in our house. Wife is a teacher, always packed with year end stuff like report cards, marking etc.

Daughter, does a lot of figure skating and dance...year end high tests in skating and year end shows in dance. Dance is a weekend killer!

Son plays a lot of hockey, and around here there are spring tournament teams that do a lot of tournaments....always on the weekends.

Between all of their activities, 2 out of the three seem to be busy every weekend until school ends.

The weather has been warm...it is absolutely killing me!

Hanse1
06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Your not alone, this will be my first time out this weekend also. Between weather, kids baseball, Guards, and working I havent been able to get on the water. Every morning I walk past her in the garage and have to rub the hull and tell her soon we will be out.

Viktimize
06-16-2011, 12:53 PM
I only got out once so far on a cloudy day with a bit of rain. Only to find out my speakers didn't work.

Cmpdman
06-16-2011, 01:01 PM
This has been a crazy spring in northern utah! Snow, rain & cold temps. We've been to the lake 2 times. Water temp was 57, air temp was 73.

I feel for everyone, their family, their friends, their dogs, etc. etc. etc. that hasn't been out yet!

nmcjr
06-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Ride year-round in NorCal, only missed a few weekends this winter...

rgardjr1
06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm hoping to get the boat ready this weekend so I can put it in for the 4th of July. Weather has been pretty crappy here in Eastern Washington/North Idaho this spring. I normally have it in after Memorial Day, but didn't see any point with our crappy weather. Set a record for longest time to hit a high temp of 70 and will set another record for longest time to hit 80 once we get there-maybe next Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm guessing water temps up at Priest Lake are somewhere in the 50s ...

Thrall
06-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Been out to Powell on a friend's boat and that barely counts, wind blew so bad, only got 1 wakeboard set and once surfing.
My boat hasn't been out of the garage since end of Aug last year and now it's sitting in CO and I'm in WA.
With any luck I'll get it out for the 4th after I go back to pick it and the family up.

SUCKS!

GT500 MC
06-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Finally got the boat out of storage today and will be ready to head out Saturday. Been a cool spring here in CO--warmed up when June hit and we've finally cleared the schedule for this weekend. Bought new last fall, put 3 hours on it, and have been chomping on the bit since October. Tomorrow might be the longest workday ever!!

MasterKraftS&S
06-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Ha, Been out "ON" the water only twice! Once for a cpl hrs for my sons Wakeboard lesson(someone elses MC! no complaints!) The other was to tow a 27' "Bayliner" 9 mi up river for work on the lower unit. (fyi - that's the thingy that sticks out the back of MOST(inferior) boats with the prop on it ;-) We used a '59 Coronado(the only working boat in the flotilla) to make the Journey. Of course I picked up the '84 S&S with a new steering cable ONLY to turn around when I could barely get 'er on plane. Grabbed the Mechanic took a ride tweaked the carb, replaced the Dist. Cap and discovered a bad low volt resister on the back of the engine. Mechanic bypassed the resistor(temp fix) boat ran great - BUT only long enough to run out of GAS just shy of first Gas Sta.(Marina drained the tank to get @ bolts on the swim platform and never replaced the gas) We manged to float down stream to where we could get gas(wasn't easy 'cuz my wallet was in the TOW boat back at the dock DOH!) but we made it back to the doc without a tow! So, I GUESS you could say that was a GOOD day! Hope ALL your Dad's Day outings go well! Remember even a BAD day on your MC, beats the He!! outta being @ the office! Enjoy!

Jeff Lyman
06-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one looking at my boat through my house windows instead of looking through the boat glass! Been out for a crusie once so far in upstate NY April rained everyday, May too. June so...so but kids stuff and catching up on yard work means no time. Usally by now I would have many course runs in and 10 or so fun runs slalom skiing from May till now. Jan 18th I blew out both knees so PT is my fun. Although July 4th may be the first time up this year. Looking forward to it.

WAProstar
06-19-2011, 12:19 AM
I haven't been out yet either. And it isn't just the notoriously late arriving NW summer - our baby girl just turned 6-months today (my first Father's Day) - so I knew that with a new baby, we wouldn't be getting out on the water nearly as much this year as we did in years past.

I am praying for a good summer after July 5th.

MC4SNETS
06-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Haven't been out yet either.

Spring is always a very busy time in our house. Wife is a teacher, always packed with year end stuff like report cards, marking etc.

Daughter, does a lot of figure skating and dance...year end high tests in skating and year end shows in dance. Dance is a weekend killer!

Son plays a lot of hockey, and around here there are spring tournament teams that do a lot of tournaments....always on the weekends.

Between all of their activities, 2 out of the three seem to be busy every weekend until school ends.

The weather has been warm...it is absolutely killing me!

Cannucks!.....:) <--Smiley

93Prostar190
06-19-2011, 07:47 AM
No worries mate ...... I am with you here in Ohio ....

So keep your chin up ...

1. Plenty of Summer left .... so enjoy your days when you get' em
2. Don't forget Buckeye Bash on August 20th .... that will hewlp make up for the pain!

Peace!!!!!!

10ptmust
06-19-2011, 02:09 PM
I am praying for a good summer after July 5th.

+1... Please, please, please

GT500 MC
06-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Finally got out Saturday for the first time...cloudy and 75 though with water temp at 65. Not exactly a summer day but nothing compares to a few hours on the boat with family. Pics before leaving...and loading up in lot.

gr82bgreen
06-19-2011, 10:43 PM
UUUUHHHHHGGGGG....... Here we are, Fathersday weekend coming and it is going to be my first time of the year on the water !!!!!!!!!! Between Rain for the whole months of April and May and then High water from the rain , then throw in sons Baseball , Daughters softball and working 6 days a week , Didn't leave much water time..... Just venting ...lol.... Usually in water and tan by now with some wakeboard runs under my belt.... I guess thats what i get for living in the fine state of Ohio. Looking for anyone else that hasn't been out yet ...someone else feeling my pain.

Hope to get out for the first time this coming weekend. Weather here in Alberta has been awful. I think this global warming thing has missed my part of the world.

snork
06-19-2011, 11:17 PM
I didn't get out today, sooooo windy. Spent the day watch'n one of the best U.S. Open

pram
06-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Boat is still a water virgin this year :o(

2RLAKE
06-20-2011, 07:32 AM
rained all weekend in TN ... did not have a chance to go out ... even in the morning it was too windy for some early morning footin

gabehonda
06-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Man it makes me feel much better , sounds like lots of us getting a slow start this year. I have been out twice now and been chased off the river both times by thunderstorms ( i think mother nature didn't want us out , but i was tired of waiting). Things are getting brighter , Sons baseball is done next week , duaghter taking a break from gymnastics and softball done next week..... I think maybe July is my month !!!!!!! Only took 2 times out and i am already searching for a new radio base and a new board .... funny how the fever comes right back !

Covi
06-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Still have not been out. I can't believe it. This weekend the boat comes home from the barn. Sunday maybe if it does not rain. It will get wet. i'm beside myself!