PDA

View Full Version : Still better than best day at work.

stewvette
06-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Went out last weekend for the first time this summer with my new to me x-star. Had a great time and enjoyed the extra room for friends in the x-star vs. my old x-9. Trip started off with a rough start, on the way up I had a blow out on the trailer luckily I caught it before the trailer fender could be damaged. Then finished the trip with rupturing my eardrum on last session on Sunday. (Had no idea how bad that could hurt) I will definitely be wearing ear plugs for now on.
The ENT Doc said it should heal OK but bad news is I have to stay out of the water for 3 weeks. :( Well looks like I'm dedicated driver until then. But even with all the problems it was still better than being at work. Has any one had there speedo and PP show like 10mph off all of a sudden. Saturday it was fine then Sunday morning it was showing 10 when we were doing 22. Needless to say my girlfriend was pissed when she got pulled up and was pulled to around 36 wakeboaring before I realized there was a problem. Then later that afternoon when heading back to the dock after packing it was back to normal. Picture provided because everyone prefers a post with pics right.

Jerseydave
06-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Nice X-star! That water is beautiful too, wish we had some clear water like that around here.

Not sure about your PP problem, maybe debris in paddlewheel of a bad connection at the paddlewheel? If you don't already have Stargazer, you might want to get the GPS conversion kit from PP. I think it's around $400.

No blown eardrums for me, I wear a GATH helmet.

JMann
06-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Sweet looking boat, sorry to hear about your ear.

what lake is this picture taken the water looks nice and clean.

kskonn
06-16-2011, 02:38 AM
sucks on the ear drum, I had a buddy do that. Unfortunately he was a pilot, couldn't work for 6 weeks.

aaron.
06-16-2011, 08:24 AM
mmmmmm xstar. nice treat

DemolitionMan
06-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Nice boat, hope you feel better.

stewvette
06-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks guys. The lake is Bullards Bar Reservoir.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Great colors on that Xstar..............just plain pretty!

Sorry to hear about your ear. My son wears a helmet with ear flaps for that reason. If you fell like that again with ear plugs in, how far in would they go?

stewvette
06-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Has anyone else had a ruptured eardrum? How long till it starts feeling normal? Mine is driving me nuts.

Cmpdman
06-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Good luck with the ear drum. love the boat!