PDA

View Full Version : Concensus on surf weighting 2006 and up X2's?

jdhart73
06-15-2011, 05:11 PM
Ok I've read 20 different ways to weight my 2006 X2 for optimal surfing wake but want to
See if there is any kind of consensus on how to do it best?

I've got all stock with fly high add ons in both rears (450lbs each) and add on bow sack (690 lbs). I also have a 400lb sac for the seat of whichever side we are riding. I did this set up on port side last weekend and it sucked!! Totally washed out.... Any help is greatly appreciated. Let's just pretend it's just me and two other people, what's the best way to do this??

Thanks!

rgardjr1
06-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Ok I've read 20 different ways to weight my 2006 X2 for optimal surfing wake but want to

I've got all stock with fly high add ons in both rears (450lbs each) and add on bow sack (690 lbs). I also have a 400lb sac for the seat of whichever side we are riding. I did this set up on port side last weekend and it sucked!! Totally washed out.... Any help is greatly appreciated. Let's just pretend it's just me and two other people, what's the best way to do this??

Thanks!

Sounds pretty much like our setup. We fill the rear port (factory and fatsac), KGB and bow sack, 400lb fat sack on the port side seat. If I have lots of people I like to put at least one adult up in the bow and the rest on the port side. I don't get a clean wave, but I thought that might be caused by my Fresh Air Exhaust, but it is easily surfable with out the rope for everyone.

jdhart73
06-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I have FAE also, toyed with the idea of adding a mudflap to see if that helps. Although my goofy side wake is very clean.

So you fill KGB and the fly high bow sac all the way?
I tried this and it sucked... Totally washed out. I guess I just need more time tO play with it. I ordered 3 of the 155lb bricks with handles, thought that would be easier to adjust and switch between regular and goofy.

rgardjr1
06-15-2011, 06:06 PM
I have FAE also, toyed with the idea of adding a mudflap to see if that helps. Although my goofy side wake is very clean.

So you fill KGB and the fly high bow sac all the way?
I tried this and it sucked... Totally washed out. I guess I just need more time tO play with it. I ordered 3 of the 155lb bricks with handles, thought that would be easier to adjust and switch between regular and goofy.

Nobody surfs goofy so I haven't ever seen the goofy wave. I think I've seen the mudflap trick over at the wakeworld forums and looked like it helped. Adding the weight up front lengthens the pocket for us. Without it the wave is tall, but not very long. I have a couple of smaller sacks and I'll fill one up and put it in the bow if we just have a couple of adults on board.

ttu
06-15-2011, 06:34 PM

Thanks!

what speed are you running. i found that with stargazer 10.7 is about perfect. anything slower and it really washes out.

ShamrockIV
06-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Nobody surfs goofy so I haven't ever seen the goofy wave. I think I've seen the mudflap trick over at the wakeworld forums and looked like it helped. Adding the weight up front lengthens the pocket for us. Without it the wave is tall, but not very long. I have a couple of smaller sacks and I'll fill one up and put it in the bow if we just have a couple of adults on board.

i surf goofy

hcoog17
06-15-2011, 07:42 PM
I also surf "goofy" on CHL (center hill lake) behind an X30. Maybe it is the lake.....or the boat!!!

jdhart73
06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
TTU, I've tried various speeds with limited success. Anywhere from 10 to 11.5

Justjoe
06-15-2011, 09:34 PM
07 x2. Fly hi integrated front plumbed off the KGB, new custom 1200lb in the starboard side (like en Enzo sac). Goofy wake is NICE. And I'm even running the glass platform and no tabs. 10.7 this year.

Put NOTHING ON THE PORT SIDE.

Last year I was running full integrated front, stock starboard, fly hi on top, 800 on the seat behind the driver. With this set inpulled at 10.3, and it was way strong (but a pain to fill and empty, hence the new bag).

Justjoe
06-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Oh, and this set fills and emptys clean, and is all hidden beneath the seats.

I added more weight on the seats for sh*ts and grins, and got nothing out of it. With people in the bote, you can scatter them around and still keep a nice push (without everybody having to hunker together on the rear starboard side).

lawdogg149
06-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Too much weight. only factory tanks and port side tank is required. Too common for people to over do the ballast.

jdhart73
06-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Man... see, NO consensus possible! Everyone has different opinions!
Anyone have pics of their epic wakes and set ups?

rgardjr1
06-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Too much weight. only factory tanks and port side tank is required. Too common for people to over do the ballast.

I respectfully disagree with this. If I weighed 150 lbs I might be able to surf with factory ballast but not for 200 lbs and up.

bturner2
06-16-2011, 05:54 AM
I'm 6'1" and 210lbs. Stock ballast left and center plus 300lbs in left locker. Surf all day with 3 or 4 in the boat on an IS Blue Lake. We use same set up for right side with no problems. One thing we've noticed is that we have to be in at least 10 feet (11 or more is better) or the wake washes out.

venetrex
06-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Do you have a fiberglass platform?? I had one, it really killed the surf wake, not to mention got banghed up easily and the rubber deteriorated. A NEW teak one is less than $400 and in the scheme of the price of good ballast bags, makes a HUGE difference. I also added the wake plate, now that was some coin. The 2 together gice me such an easy wave to set up. I fill port stock ballast and the Flyhigh. I fill the stock KGB half way. I have the fly high up there too but filling it all the way up and I really loose push. When I'm running 2 people in the boat or less I added a 1,100 pd fly high surf sac on the port side. This baby stretches all the way from the rear corner seat up into to front flip up storage. With that baby full just to where the seat over the cooler pops, the wave is HUGE. I might have a photo or 2. I also put the wake plate all the way down and set the perfect pass at 10.3. No weight on the starboard side. I'll take some photos this weekend