PDA

View Full Version : response from PP....but now I'm really confused.

SWeaver
06-14-2011, 02:01 PM
It's a 2003 MCX 205v...I thought with Stargazer Wake (initial....not an upgrade), I'd get a water temp off the speedo paddlewheel.....They say no? This was the response I got:

"PS- The MasterCraft Harness does not carry the paddle wheel Temp, MC has Temp in their Medallion Gauge package so it was not part of the wiring to PP.

Gary Allen, President
PerfectPass Control Systems Inc.
14 Trider Cres.
Dartmouth, N.S.
CANADA B3B 1R6
PH (902) 468-2150"

This doesn't seem right to me. I know I read that Brucemac and others have gotten water temp off stargazer, right? Did they do something different? I thought it was supposed to be in the menu page?

mikey.145
06-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Mine was the Stargazer upgrade so the water temp worked. Call their tech support, they can give you a easy quick answer. Those guys are very helpful. Sounds like there should be an easy way to get the temp to work. It's a Canada number though so its gonna cost you a few bucks!

SWeaver
06-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks, I've spoken with several people up there, and get different answers. This email was from the president of perfect pass.

kskonn
06-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Usually their perfect pass tech group is awesome, I think they have an US number on their website. They have always quickly solved any issue that I have had.

SWeaver
06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
They are great to deal with. Very pleasant. Don't think for a second that I am bashing them. They've been great.

I'm just trying to figure something out. I know Brucemac has dealt with this same issue.

My 2003 didn't come with a selectable tach. It reads hrs only. No switch to scroll. I am trying to get the Stargazer I just installed to read lake temp. Brucemac was able to get it when he installed stargazer in his 2003 205v, and he didn't have the selectable tach either. I am trying to figure out which wires he has that I don't.

rspiecha
06-14-2011, 04:38 PM
I second the high level of customer service from PP.

kskonn
06-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I thought that the stargazer came with a plug in for the GPS and the paddle wheel in case you still wanted to get the water temp? Did yours come with plugs for both on the back? I am completely shooting from the Hip, I don't have Stargazer but I researched when I considered upgrading.

Plus I stayed at a holiday inn express last night.