PDA

View Full Version : 2010 x25 rubber plug/outlet

hragsarkissian
06-14-2011, 08:55 AM
hi guys,

i recently got a 2010 x25ss with 50 hours on it. Its been running great so far. Although i was wondering if anybody had an idea with the plug on the right side of the transom above the swim platform is. Ive searched around on the forum but havent found an answer. from what i understand the drain plug would be im the center beneath the platform so Im assuming thats not it. it even has some threading to screw some kind of hose or something.

thanks,

hrag

willyt
06-14-2011, 09:03 AM
congrads on the purchase.
your plug sounds like the flush kit. would help if we had a picture.

do you run in salt water?

jstewart319
06-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Sounds like your talking about the flush kit the arrow shows where mine is located on my 2010 X-25.

agarabaghi
06-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Flush kit.

Here is mine:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9509/imageuye.jpg

hragsarkissian
06-14-2011, 09:20 AM
yeah its docked in the marina here. the boat is a saltwater series. has an indmar mcx with fesh water cooling( closed), hydraulic steering and other ss perks. i was also think it might be a flush port but wasnt sure.
here is a picture, might be a little hard to see but its between the stereo remote and hook.http://oi52.tinypic.com/10pwt91.jpg

hragsarkissian
06-14-2011, 09:22 AM
great,
thanks guys. how often do you recommend to flush the engine considering i have an SS engine?

hrag

agarabaghi
06-14-2011, 09:24 AM
everytime. does your boat sit in salt water?

hragsarkissian
06-14-2011, 09:26 AM
yes it does. i figured i shouldnt have to do this if the engine was geared for it. but it seems to be otherwise.

MC X-15
06-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Flush after every use. I would also suggest pulling it from the salt every week of two and do a full cleaning. Even on salt water series the salt will hurt the boat. I have an 08 stored on a lift above brackish water. I flush and wash after every use. Still seeing some signs of salt corrosion. Spend the time and your boat will last alot longer.

hragsarkissian
06-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Flush after every use. I would also suggest pulling it from the salt every week of two and do a full cleaning. Even on salt water series the salt will hurt the boat. I have an 08 stored on a lift above brackish water. I flush and wash after every use. Still seeing some signs of salt corrosion. Spend the time and your boat will last alot longer.

Thanks for the tips. I'll def keep that in mind. I would have to get the flush kit now correct?

MC X-15
06-15-2011, 09:14 AM
No, that hose connector that you are refering too is the flush kit. Its part of the SS package you have. Just when you done boating, hook up a hose and let in run for 5 mins or so. I generally hook up the hose to the transom outlet and let it run while i clean the boat. I wash the hull with fresh water and a brush, then rinse the inside pretty hard and then dry. . See my boat is on a lift so all the water jsut runs out the drain plug, you may not want to rinse the inside to hard, maybe a wet towel or somehtign considering you keep it in the water and your bilge pump would have to pump all the water out. Every 2wks-month or so I clean the seats with a vinyl cleaner that has UV protectant. Then prob 2-3 times a year I wash and wax the boat completely. Also dont neglect your tower. A aluminum cleaner will do well. Also look into salt away. Eats salt pretty well. Makes cleanign much easier. Hope this helps. Seems like alot but this is minor to what some people do.

MC X-15
06-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Sweet boat by the way, any other pics?

hragsarkissian
06-15-2011, 09:18 AM
wow that makes thins so much easier. unfortunately i cant always take my boat out of the water, but i do clean it after every outting. i will definitely start using the flush kit from now on. I feel ignorant when it comes to these things, i wouldnt have to keep the engine running now would i?

thanks, will def post some pics later today.