PDA

View Full Version : Strange stereo issue

BTV
06-13-2011, 04:19 PM
09 X15 I am using the JL M6600 (I think thats the model) that came in the boat to run 6 in boat speakers. Occasionally all but one of the speakers almost quit making any sound and the one speaker that is working gets very loud and scratchy (not just distortion). It is always the same speaker this happens to. This problem happens when the boat is running. Usually if I turn the power off at battery then restart the problem goes away.

All connections have been checked and look good.

Is my amp dying? Could it be a low voltage issue? I took it to stereo installer and of course it worked perfectly there.

Anyone ever have this problem? Ideas what it could be?

Thanks for your help

Edgallegos
06-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Same thing happened on my 07 X-15 last year. I took it in the shop and of course they couldn't find the problem until I took it in again. You can rub you finger on the gains of your amp up and down and hear that through your speakers. Unfortunately your amp is BAD and needs to be replaced. When I called JL to see if they can fix my amp he said they dont fix marine amps.

Hope this helps.

Eddie

rspiecha
06-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Sounds like a bad amp. Pick up one on ebay, M6450 or the newer model M6600 and swap out.

Rob

BTV
06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
That's what I was afraid of. Guess I'll put a new amp in before this one fails.
Thanks