PDA

View Full Version : Does 1994 Prostar have OBD

heypops
06-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Does my MC Prostar EFT/TBI Indmar engine have a OBD access port?

If so, where?

The boat idles poorly and has no power under load and trying to diagnosis the problem.

thanks

rspiecha
06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Does the exhaust smells really rich??? Is it intermittent??? I had a similiar issue with my 1994, all it took was a new throttle body $1600 and ran like a champ till I sold it to a guy in canada. Boat is still working wonderfully, from reports I get every year.

Rob

mig
06-13-2011, 06:12 PM
I rebuilt the TBI engine in our boat to a 383 and had to adjust the fuel pressure regulator, set the low idle and reset the throttle position sensor and on the TB. All were pretty basic procedures and I was amazed at what it did for performance. The old engine had always left black soot at the exhaust ports and smelled stinking rich if it was idling while I used the platform. Can't think of why yours would get out of adjustment but I don't think mine was originally set up correctly, and was way worse with the new engine.

chico
06-13-2011, 07:24 PM
It will be around the transmission,it is capped and has 5 wires going to it.You will need to jumper pins A and B to retreive codes,but if you want to check parameters you will need a scan tool.

konaking
06-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Its not like an auto one. You will have marine EFI or MEFI and it will probably be mefi-1. with the right software and a laptop you read all your codes and monitor and tune if so desired.
http://www.mefiburn.com/sc/details.asp?item=mefiscan1