PDA

View Full Version : DIY Video Camera Mount

tommy panfish
06-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Does anybody have a DIY video camera mount for a PS 190 pylon? I can't spend the $260 for the Trakker....thinking of using a PVC sleeve with a plate mounted to it for the camera....maybe cut a slot in the pipe for the rope to slide over? Anybody had any luck? I've searched here and a couple other spots and haven't turned anything up.

Thx,

TP

JeromeM
06-13-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm interested in something like this for my tower as well, Trakker looks good but it's $$$. Hopefully someone will have a how-to :)

agarabaghi
06-13-2011, 03:07 PM
the footage kinda blows from them.

absolutezero
06-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Those Trakker systems look like slightly nicer versions of $10 dollars worth of parts from your local hardware store... and maybe a few bucks at best buy

WTRSK1R
06-13-2011, 10:09 PM
If I remember correctly, there have been a few people who have taken a standard camera tripod and then attached a paint roller to it so that the roller part went up and down one of the legs of the tripod. The handle of the roller was then used to attach to the ski rope so that the camera could follow the skier like the trakker does. The whole tripod could then be strapped or bungee corded to the pylon. What I do not remember is how the camera mount and the paint roller handle were connected to get the camera to follow the rope. Seems like there should be a thread on here.

Good Luck

WTRSK1R
06-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Found the thread:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=26405&highlight=paint+roller&page=2

I was not exactly correct about how the paint roller was used, but if you look a the thread, you will see a picture.

Ryan
06-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Those Trakker systems look like slightly nicer versions of $10 dollars worth of parts from your local hardware store... and maybe a few bucks at best buy

There are cheap options. I started off bungee cording a $20 tripod to the pylon with a bent paint roller zip tied to guide the tripod handle. It worked quite well. I'm no product engineer, but the sum of specialized parts work better for me. Finding a Trakker on ebay for less that $50 was worth the switch. A grommet helps the Trakker track better.