PDA

View Full Version : Happy for my brother-in-law

BigBarney
06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
He's a Malibu man. Took delivery of his 2011 24/7 Friday. He spent hours picking the color scheme and such. Really wanted it for Memorial day, but the plant just couldn't get it built. I got to see it/drive it Saturday. I thought my X30 was big. It's a tadpole compared to this monster.

He upgraded to the Cadillac CTS engine. 550 ponies and you feel every one of them. Just amazing the throttle response of such a big boat. He couldn't say for sure, but it has to be electronic throttle control.

Everything is touchscreen. No key, just a password and push button to start. I personally like a few switches, but I guess touchscreen is the future. Can't wait to see it in the dark. he has led lights out the wazoo.

Hard not to get boat fever after being in this thing. Spent an hour Sunday pouring over the 2011 MC boat guide. I REALLY need an X55.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/rvskodak/bu1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/rvskodak/bu2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/rvskodak/bu3.jpg

aaron.
06-13-2011, 09:22 AM
damn thats an ugly tower. i know malibus are great boats, but they just don't look sexy (at all) to me.

glad you aren't considering switching to the dark side.

chawk610
06-13-2011, 09:55 AM
See... I love the forward facing towers... I love the boat. It's ok to love outside the club! LOL

Jabrew
06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm sorry, my ex has one and there is no way that comes even close to MC quality and beauty.

jdl xstar
06-13-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry, my ex has one and there is no way that comes even close to MC quality and beauty.

I just don't like the look of those boats at all. Would get a Nawtique before a BU anyday. (If MC was somehow eliminated from existence) ;)

That engine would be fun though. I guess its cool that BU even offers that option.

BigBarney
06-13-2011, 11:45 AM
Never been a fan of the forward swept towers. I like big aluminum bars!!! When I drove it, there is a major blind spot caused by the tower speakers. We tried moving the mirror to the center, but you pop your head on it walking from front to back or vice versa.

Sounds weird coming from a guy with a purple (technically iris) boat, but I think the color scheme is too busy. But like I told him, "it's your boat, it's your money, get what you want".

He upgraded the motor because he loves the sound/power/feel of my LQ9. When he told me that it was a supercharged 550hp engine, I thought that he was fooling. That engine makes the boat. May end up sucking on gas mileage, but he'll have fun doing it.

DemolitionMan
06-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I like the boat not the tower.

SteveO
06-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Good looking boat. R/E the tower, I don't mind the looks, but my gripe on the bu tower is that if you are a stereo guy and have tower speaker and want it loud enough for the rider, the forward placement of the speakers makes the interior PAINFUL.

TxsRiverRat
06-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Iíll take my 93 PS205 over that Malipuke any day. I drove a wakesetter for an entire day a few weeks ago and they handle as sloppy as any I/O I ever drove.

Double D
06-16-2011, 06:08 PM
Hate to say it but that is one ugly boat. It looks better in the water and the color scheme is cool but boy, she's got a big A$$!! :) = smiley face

sprite
06-16-2011, 06:14 PM
It isn't my idea of a ski boat but that would be awesome to wake board behind.

scott023
06-16-2011, 06:28 PM
It isn't my idea of a ski boat but that would be awesome to wake board behind.

Good thing, you'd be having constant knee soreness if you bought that to ski behind. :D