PDA

View Full Version : wakesurfing...

agarabaghi
06-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Well the lake was super busy and choppy, but a couple friends and some girls wanted to go out on the boat. I wasn't about to be the debbie downer and complain about some chop, so i took the boat out and decided i would give the wakesurfer a try. Ive never surfed, and have only tried the wakesurfer once with the rope. Decided it was time to actually figure this thing out. It was actually really fun, and easy on the body. By the end of the day i could ride without a rope and actually managed to do a couple slashes and get back into the wave with out the rope, as well as a wake grind without the rope. I think i found my new saturday sunday "event".

Ill take some pictures of the wake and riding next week. My poor friend has to ride switch, but he was getting the hang of it and can ride without the rope also.

agarabaghi
06-13-2011, 08:09 AM
I guess the correct term for the trick is a floaters and lip slide.

scharette
06-13-2011, 09:40 PM
what weight setup do you have ?. just purchased 2 750 to replace hard tank in my x2 2005 (x1). also i wil install a bow sac under seat

Brian B
06-13-2011, 09:49 PM
It's silly fun! I surfed in choppy water yesterday. Had a friend fire me a beer and was able to chug it while riding the wave! Post pics!

wakescene
06-13-2011, 10:55 PM
It's silly fun! I surfed in choppy water yesterday. Had a friend fire me a beer and was able to chug it while riding the wave! Post pics!

Several levels of awesome going on here!

kskonn
06-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Wakesurfing is a great alternative when your body is beat to hell and tired from Wakeboarding. I got into it about a month ago,drinking beers while riding is always a good time. I always throw on the beach boys when we surf, my wife hates it but the people on the shore seem to like it, they are always throwing thumbs up at our boat.

agarabaghi
06-14-2011, 08:02 AM
I didnt feel like pulling out the manual sacs so we just filled up the port locker (750) and there were maybe 3 people on the boat. Speed was 9.5 on the PP