PDA

View Full Version : Another "ballast not working" thread

MCVOLS
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
OK guys, sorry to start another one, but after searching many threads on ballast issues, I can't find my exact problem. '08 x-14, all green impellars, last summer all pumps worked correctly, this spring, stbd worked as normal, port & kgb won't come on. Light on switch comes on, then blinks. removed impellar, not turning. tap on pump, sometimes this give me a slight noise, but no movement. tried different things over last couple of trips, cycle off, switch to empty, etc.

Any help is appreciated, trying to avoid swapping them out, or trip to dealer.

CoreyWakeboard
06-13-2011, 04:15 PM
First, I would check if its the pumps. Take the pump that is working and plug it into one of the other lines. Hopefully it should work, if not, look at all the connections. Ive had a washer short out a line in the box where all the pumps wiring meets (dont know the name of it).

MCVOLS
06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
OK, '08 x-14, at the switch, all three lights come on when in 'fill' position. Only STBD pump runs and fills. I switched the connection on the port and stbd pumps, and now the port switch works with the stbd pump, so sounds like the pump went bad? Anything about the pump I can check before replaceing? DO these pumps just 'quit' over the winter?

Thrall
06-27-2011, 11:25 AM
May have gotten water in past the seal on hte back of the pump into the motor.
Knock on wood mine are fine still, but I've flipped the pumps over so that the pump is down, motor up so any small leak in hte seal hopefully won't run into the motor.
How are yours mounted?
If the problem follows the pump and not the wiring, they may be fried. I'm sure an elect shop could bench test them.

MCVOLS
06-27-2011, 08:50 PM
mine are mounted pump up. i wil pull one and get it checked