PDA

View Full Version : Engine miss at WOT

onejdgreen
06-12-2011, 07:22 PM
I have a 2002 PS197TT with the 6.0L Cadillac engine that has developed a miss when running at wide open throttle. Doesn't matter if the engine is cold, warm, or hot. Its almost like the engine dies for a second. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

sand2snow22
06-12-2011, 11:02 PM
rev limiter?

thatsmrmastercraft
06-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Rev limiting spark plugs?

JimN
06-12-2011, 11:50 PM
I have a 2002 PS197TT with the 6.0L Cadillac engine that has developed a miss when running at wide open throttle. Doesn't matter if the engine is cold, warm, or hot. Its almost like the engine dies for a second. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

At what RPM and what pitch/diameter of prop?

onejdgreen
06-14-2011, 04:51 PM
The prop is a 14 X 20 LC 1 1/8" 4-blade and to be honest I dont remember what RPMs it did it. It doesnt do it when I pull someone up, only when running WOT. I doubt it is rev limiting plugs, because I dont remember it doing it last summer.

thatsmrmastercraft
06-14-2011, 04:55 PM
The prop is a 14 X 20 LC 1 1/8" 4-blade and to be honest I dont remember what RPMs it did it. It doesnt do it when I pull someone up, only when running WOT. I doubt it is rev limiting plugs, because I dont remember it doing it last summer.

That was just my attempt to question the condition of your spark plugs.

onejdgreen
06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
That was just my attempt to question the condition of your spark plugs.

FOTFLMAO!!! Thats probably not a bad idea... I love the "PC" attempt to the KISS rule, Keep It Simple Stupid, and start with the easy stuff...

JimN
06-14-2011, 08:22 PM
FOTFLMAO!!! Thats probably not a bad idea... I love the "PC" attempt to the KISS rule, Keep It Simple Stupid, and start with the easy stuff...

Deos your engine have a coil near each spark plug? Even those plug wires can go bad. It is 9 years old, after all.

onejdgreen
07-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Well... Since I asked the question, I pulled the plugs, they were good and just ran the piss out of it for the last couple of weeks and the miss has gone away... :confused: I don't think it was a fuel issue because I did put Stabil before putting it away last summer...

JimN
07-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Well... Since I asked the question, I pulled the plugs, they were good and just ran the piss out of it for the last couple of weeks and the miss has gone away... :confused: I don't think it was a fuel issue because I did put Stabil before putting it away last summer...

Gas loses octane whether you used StaBil, or not. Reformulated gas starts going bad in about 3 weeks without stabilization and all that does is slow the loss- it doesn't stop it completely. If it sat for 4 months, you lost octane and since the knock sensor is there to protect the engine, it retarded the timing until it ran like a stove until you put fresh gas in it.