PDA

View Full Version : GoPro HD

UrbantuxTN
06-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Has anyone tried the GoPro HD Roll bar mount? I am curious if it will fit around the ski Pylon and/or the tower. I would prefer the Ski Pylon because of the distance to the boarder.

Also, has anyone picked up the LCD BacPac? Do you like it?

aaron.
06-11-2011, 10:57 AM
just a little tip, unless you are going to ride in an innertube back by the rider, the footage will be pretty ****ty with the gopro. a wakeboarder at 75ft looks like a speck on the horizon. Possibly a slalom rider at a fraction of the distance would look better, but i haven't tested that.

LCD backpack is slick, but it is sort of a pain in the butt taking the camera out of the waterproof case a thousand times to check your footy. If you are using your gopro as a still camera, i would see more utility in the lcd backpack.

I usually just keep my high speed 32 gig card + a spare; so i can film nearly nonstop all day at 720p 60fps (which is the clutch setting imho), and then pour through the footy at home on the computer instead.

just my 2cents

edit: and a side note, i don't leave home without my gopro. that little camera is amazing.

epnault
06-11-2011, 11:07 AM
I just got one of these a couple weeks ago and started using it. I got the helmet hero kit because I plan to also use it for ATV and snowmobiling. I also bought the suction cup mount. I have had many different helmet cams in the past and I have to say this thing is really amazing for the price. Great video, super easy to use, waterproof case, and multiple ways to mount it.

I have looked at the "roll bar mount" system online but I don't think it will work on our wakeboard towers due to diameter and I am not sure it will attached the moveable pylon. What we need is a U shaped bracket that snaps onto the moveable piece of the pylon. I have been thinking about making one. I am curious if anyone else has used the roll bar system and if it worked.

That LCD Bac Pac looks cool. That is the frustrating thing about the camera is that you can't view what you filmed unless you have a camera or Laptop on your boat.

UrbantuxTN
06-11-2011, 11:17 AM
LCD backpack is slick, but it is sort of a pain in the butt taking the camera out of the waterproof case a thousand times to check your footy. If you are using your gopro as a still camera, i would see more utility in the lcd backpack.

Why do you have to take the camera out? The one I was looking at comes with an extended waterproof case so you can keep it on and maintain the waterproof aspect of the camera?

I also try not to leave home without that thing. It is a great camera. Used the helmet mount this past winter snowboarding, need to find my headstrap for it, may be a cool view while boarding on the water. (scared to death of the thing sinking though).

aaron.
06-11-2011, 12:56 PM
oh nice, i didn't know the backpack came with a bigger waterproof housing. Thats legit then.

haha yeah i think the head-strap would be a little sketch. I had my buddy ride in a tube 20 or so feet in front of me while wakeskating. we got some solid footage when it comes to perspective and resolution [now i just have to learn some moves to make filming worth while =) ]

JLeuck64
06-11-2011, 01:21 PM
I recently saw a video of some barefootin that was shot with the gopro mounted on the transom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ1YcHjdqiQ&feature=feedu

With the wide angle field of view it was difficult to see the skier. But with the rock steady camera mount you could definitely see the tricks being performed. A steady mount and a good skier should always produce a quality video for ya!

FASKI
06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Here are a bunch of diffrent view with a go pro.
Made it last weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd8TMvRuBvM

There is a back of the transom view and as said before it is not very close. You would need to get something closer to the skier.

UrbantuxTN
06-11-2011, 05:00 PM
How did you mount it to the rope like that? that was a pretty sweet view

macattack
06-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Send an email to the Wilson brothers; they use the GoPro all the time and will answer your inquiry...mac

http://www.thewilsonbros.com/

Brian B
06-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I use them on my race Rhino and they work great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD4t1ymq2Ns

There are a few companies that make billet GoPro clamp mounts as well.......

http://utvinc.com/gopro-cameras-and-mount/

epnault
06-12-2011, 07:59 AM
The ski rope view was awesome. Please share what mount you used.

Also-the ski view was cool too. Did you use the suction mount for this?

FASKI
06-12-2011, 11:04 AM
I used the flat Adhesive mount and wire ties at the Y of the Handle, It was super solid. As I was skiing I made sure I always reached with the handle flat so not to distort the view. When pulling it is flat already.

The suction cup would have fallen off on get up. I strapped to my binding for the view you see. Also things that worked are 3m velcro with the plate that comes in the packaging. And just the regular flat adhesive mount. A little heat will have it come of with no harm to the ski. I also had two times the camera break the mount. I had a home made float attached. This is a must for any Skiing/Boarding.

UrbantuxTN
06-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Do you have a picture of how you did the mount on the rope?