PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Issue

Maristarmax
06-10-2011, 03:44 PM
I have to give a thumbs-up to my local MC dealer, Boathouse Marine in Ohio. I installed a new fuel pump in my 01 MariStar 210 last September and the pump went out again this spring after putting only 14 hours on it. The dealer said MC has a 60 day warranty, so I was out of luck. They contacted MC, who said it was still 60 days even though the hour count was low. Boathouse Marine gave me MC's contact info, I called MC, they then called the dealer and approved a warranty replacement. Boathouse Marine was great through the whole process, shipped me the new part and had me back on the water in 2 days.

What is with these MC fuel pumps? They cost a fortune and it seems that I hear about problem after problem with them and they aren't available anywhere else.

Thrall
06-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Good dealer. I had a similar experience with Arizona Mastercraft, except the part was alot farther out of warranty than that, but they stood by their previous work.
Do a search for fuel pumps on here. You can replace just the pump inside the module for less than $100 with an automotive pump.

bigmac
06-11-2011, 09:10 AM
What is with these MC fuel pumps? They cost a fortune and it seems that I hear about problem after problem with them and they aren't available anywhere else.

MasterCraft has made some bad engineering decisions, most notably from about 2001 to about 2008. They used inferior parts and inferior design in some areas of the boats from that era. The in-tank fuel pump issue is the most glaring example. The cracking seat vinyl is another. The biggest irritation is their unwillingness to stand behind their product when those inferior designs do actually go down.