PDA

View Full Version : YUMMY fun at our lake

02ProstarSammyD
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
A damaged wastewater pump station spewed an estimated 50,000 gallons of raw sewage into an unnamed tributary of Upper Barton Creek, killing dozens of fish in the stream that flows into Falls Lake.

A stench still hangs in the air from the sewage left in the formerly clear Wake County creek that is now choked with sewage.

Steve Elliston first noticed the stench from his driveway off Rocky Point Road more than 100 yards away.
Click here to find out more!
ďIt was like Old Faithful over there,Ē said Elliston as he describes the geyser of backed-up sewage that killed surrounding vegetation. Where Ellistonís children played and fished, dead fish line the edges of the stream as if they died trying to escape the sewage.

The spill was the result of a series of apparent flaws with a small wastewater system that serves the neighborhood, according to Jamie Kritzer, a spokesman for the N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources.

The main pump on the plant failed sometime before Wednesday afternoon. Then a back-up pump failed. A warning system designed to alert the plantís owner, AQUA N.C., to malfunctions also didnít work, Kritzer said.

DENR workers found at least 50 dead fish in the creek. Efforts to remove the sewage by washing it down stream and pumping it out have begun. The spill has not reached Falls Lake, the largest source of drinking water in Wake County.

pram
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Here I thought I was going to be pleasantly surprised by beautiful ladies in bikini's

imagine how disappointed I was to find a thread about POOP

pram
06-10-2011, 05:11 PM
You sir are a misleader and should be banned for an indefinite amount of time

Stu, can you take care of this please

pram
06-10-2011, 05:12 PM
oh and sorry to hear about the poop in the lake

don't eat the O'Henry's

jusayin

thatsmrmastercraft
06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Here I thought I was going to be pleasantly surprised by beautiful ladies in bikini's

imagine how disappointed I was to find a thread about POOP

You sir are a misleader and should be banned for an indefinite amount of time

Stu, can you take care of this please

It pains me to agree with "Mr. Prambold", but given the seriousness of the misleading, I must.

oxberger
06-10-2011, 05:34 PM
^^Ditto for me. Thought it was the start of Swimsuit thread 4.

Jerseydave
06-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Bill Murray will help clean it up......watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PmMFaVzbzc