PDA

View Full Version : alarm going off on 2002 X Star

Smoothie
06-10-2011, 12:20 PM
This only happens when boat is cold and warming up While trolling no problem. Once i get up to speed an alarm goes off and shuts down the stereo and PP disengages. The only thing that I notice when this happens is the oil pressure goes up to 80 I shut the boat off and turn it back on and everything is fine. This may happen two or three times but once boat is warmed up it stops. Seems to happen once oil is warmed up and and the pressure drops. My oil pressure stays between 40 and 70. The engine temp is fine. Any ideas? May have nothing to do with oil pressure at all.

kskonn
06-10-2011, 03:41 PM
sounds like a low voltage alarm, Kind of.

Smoothie
06-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I am running two batteries and have an onboard charger. So batteries should be juiced up every time I take them out. However one battery could be bad.

Jerseydave
06-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Check your charging system....but also does your boat have an electronic box under the dash with speedo hoses going to it? If so, check to see if the box is taking on water from those speedo hoses.....you may have a bad box that is shorting out the circuit board for your guages.

76S&S
06-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Low voltage alarm. A good charge should solve it, assuming you don't have a battery issue.

tbmlxstar
06-13-2011, 03:50 PM
I also have an 02 x star and my alarm goes off at what seems like random times. I think I have a short somewhere but can't find it. Like yours, pressure and temp is fine but I have recently noticed that the voltage gauge is on 0 when the alarm goes off. I know it is not the batteries since I run three and I charged them all before heading out. Also, at random times all the gauges go out, even the speedometer. Not much help for you but I share your frustration. I'll let you know what I find.