PDA

View Full Version : Little bag in fuel pump??

TOO-TALL
06-09-2011, 10:16 PM
So I removed my fuel pump canister tonight to put a new filter on and looked down inside to see this.It looks like a little tea bag in there its the only way I know how to describe it
You can see it on the right of the fuel pump.

Whats it for???

petermegan
06-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Hi, I am only new on here, but helped a friend a few months ago with his cannister problems. I recall it was a filter for when the pump is sucking fuel from the bucket. Someone else may have an alternative answer. Whilst on the subject I was intrigued by the brown coloured donut in the bottom, has anybody got an opinion on it's purpose please?

nbkdaw3
06-11-2011, 07:41 AM
what year and model boat is it? The 2009 and newer fuel filters look like tea bags attached to the fuel pump. The pre 2009 fuel filters had a round paper fuel filter with a recommended 50 hour replacement time. The new ones are suppose to be much better. I sure hope so I burned up the ones I have all the time, but no one had ever told me to change the filter evey 50 hours till I called the factory to talk to them about it. Mine were buring up about every 200+/- hours without changing the filters.

TOO-TALL
06-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Boat is a 2003 X2

I took the pump out and then realized it was a filter.
I replaced the fuel pump(again) while I was in there.

nbkdaw3,
You were burning fuel pumps up every 200 hrs? Before you replace the tea bag filter?