PDA

View Full Version : Does this look to be a good deal

bamafutbal
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
still no bids, very tempting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150613601719&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

76S&S
06-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Hours, has it seen saltwater?

agarabaghi
06-08-2011, 03:19 PM
looks like a good deal with a little tlc

agarabaghi
06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
new motor.

timvan
06-09-2011, 06:32 AM
"hit while on trailer in a warehouse"

looks like dock rash (crash)

UrbantuxTN
06-09-2011, 06:46 AM
One thing I noticed was the photos of the boat being "driven" don't include the registration numbers or the damage to the bow. Probably taken by the PO of the boat.

bturner2
06-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Florida boats can be a real crap shoot. Salt water, long seasons, high heat and pouring rains let along a rich guys kids can ruin a good boat quickly. Doesn't look like this one has seen an easy life. Nor does he mention how many hours were on the boat before the engine was replaced. I'd pass unless you like to work on projects and you can get it for a song.

I also like the "make me a cash offer" line. Sounds like people locally haven't been too interested.

agarabaghi
06-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Florida boats can be a real crap shoot. Salt water, long seasons, high heat and pouring rains let along a rich guys kids can ruin a good boat quickly. Doesn't look like this one has seen an easy life. Nor does he mention how many hours were on the boat before the engine was replaced. I'd pass unless you like to work on projects and you can get it for a song.

I also like the "make me a cash offer" line. Sounds like people locally haven't been too interested.

Or they can be a gem and a steal... you have to go see the boat in person if you are really interested.

Bouyhead
06-09-2011, 08:35 AM

I agree. Doesn't look like a well maintained unmolested boat to me. Not to many shots of the new motor. What's under the output flang on the tranny? From the pic it looks like a rag soaked with tranny fluid.

Dylan
06-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I too have been watching that boat, and had the same questions. However, any cost savings would quickly dissolve bringing it to the west coast. And the new motor is sketchy to me as well.

chawk610
06-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Something seems off to me as well. RUN!

mccobmd
06-09-2011, 10:09 PM
There are not too many scenarios that involve getting a new motor that overall indicate careful ownership. Blowing a motor can happen to anyone but most of us would offer up why it needed a new motor.