PDA

View Full Version : Water Temps...a bit higher than normal.

wakescene
06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
So Memorial Day weekend in south Jersey was a scorcher! Hot, sunny, dry, breezy. Simply Awesome. But what was more awesome was the 67-74degree water temps in the back bays. Now the Ocean temp was 58-60, which is cold for some, but even this temp was impressive and tolerable once you got wet. Normally we don't see these temps in the back bays until late June for the 60's and July for the 70's. I was stunned and thought the temp gauge was off, but jumping in proved it. We have seen temps as low as 52 degrees in the back bays and 49 in the ocean on Memorial day. Having owned a residence in South Jersey for 25+ years, this is absolutely the highest temps we have seen this early in the season.

This past weekend, water temps were the same for the ocean and the back bays were 64-68. Where we board is very close to an ocean inlet, (Townsends Inlet in Sea Isle City, NJ) so we expect some cold water this time of year. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining one bit. These temps will make for a much more enjoyable June.

That's my share for the day.

Huskie05
06-08-2011, 12:52 PM
So Memorial Day weekend in south Jersey was a scorcher! Hot, sunny, dry, breezy. Simply Awesome. But what was more awesome was the 67-74degree water temps in the back bays. Now the Ocean temp was 58-60, which is cold for some, but even this temp was impressive and tolerable once you got wet. Normally we don't see these temps in the back bays until late June for the 60's and July for the 70's. I was stunned and thought the temp gauge was off, but jumping in proved it. We have seen temps as low as 52 degrees in the back bays and 49 in the ocean on Memorial day. Having owned a residence in South Jersey for 25+ years, this is absolutely the highest temps we have seen this early in the season.

This past weekend, water temps were the same for the ocean and the back bays were 64-68. Where we board is very close to an ocean inlet, (Townsends Inlet in Sea Isle City, NJ) so we expect some cold water this time of year. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining one bit. These temps will make for a much more enjoyable June.

That's my share for the day.

Our temps out West are not warm, taking their time with all the snowpac coming down from the mountains. Powell and Mead are both still brisk to say the least. Local lakes in Utah are down right cold, to cold for my old butt. starting to warm up, lakes and rivers are rising fast. We are hitting Powell this weekend, hopeing for 70 water temp.