PDA

View Full Version : Instant Marine Docks, look pretty slick

beatle78
06-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Has anyone ever used Instant Marine docks out of MI?

http://www.instantmarinedocks.com

I like the looks of the Rolling 500 series. All screw jack legs. No truss style to collect cobwebs & weeds.

Thoughts?

gotta_ski
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
A friend down the lake has a similar dock. Even with dock edging I don't like all the metal on it. If he's late adjusting the height for water level changes you can catch a boat or jetski edge under it. I like the cedar log docks personally. That may not be an option where you live though.

Ben
06-10-2011, 08:31 AM
If you are looking at a roll-a-dock, I'm guessing you have fairly stable water levels. What is your bottom like? A ski buddy has a roll a dock, and I guess it is very hard to pull out once it settles in the muck bottom. I think they use a lawn tractor. A few guys to get it in too. May be ideal for sandy bottoms. They do seem like a much easier option than many many posts, asssuming you are pulling the dock on the fall.

With regards to boat contact, you'd likely want some vertical bumpers of some sort added for a rubrail to bump against, as opposed to contacting the dock anyway IMO.

PM sent as well.

beatle78
06-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I spoke with instant marine. Their docks do not have screw jack legs. You have to get in the water to adjust the legs.

I ruled them out.

SS LS1
06-14-2011, 10:52 AM
How about Northern Lights Marine then? http://www.northernlightsmarine.com/residential/roll-in/

The system basically looks exactly like a Floe system with those famous screw jack legs, two position dock connection brackets (transport and fixed) and even the wheels are like Floe's which are quite different from the average plastic dock or lift wheel. I haven't priced a system out but have heard they are cheaper than a comparable Floe system. Who knows?

Dealers seem to be around the Wisconsin, Michigan, New York areas.

beatle78
06-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks SS LS1. I've priced one of them out with a dealer who does both Floe & Northern & the Northern was a tad more expensive.