PDA

View Full Version : 95 Indmar not starting well

cmarty123
06-08-2011, 06:59 AM
I have a 95 Maristar 225 (not LT1) w/ EFI. Generally it's running well. I replaced the plugs and filters over the winter. My problem is that it doesn't start well when warm. It idles at about 800 rpm. When I try to start it, it comes very close to starting but just kind of peters out. The only way to start it is to put it in neutral and start it at higher rpm. This boat is new to me so I don't know if this is normal.

It seems like newer vehicles with EFI start at a higher rpm and then come back down to normal idling rpm after a few seconds. Is there a way to reprogram the EFI? Does anyone else have this problem? I believe 95 is the first year they came out with EFI for Mastercraft. Thx

YooperScott
06-08-2011, 08:02 AM
My uncle had a problem that sounds somewhat similar on his '95 Maristar 200VRS. It never seemed to start well and the best way I found was to give it extra throttle (he yelled about it when I did it until he realized I could start it better than he could because of it). He had it to the dealer many times and finally the last time they replaced the fuel pump. Starts better now than it ever has since new.