PDA

View Full Version : Next Project - Easy Depth Finder

tideengineer
06-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Now that I got my feul guage working, I want to install an in-dash depth finder. Thinking about Hummningbird 610 with in-hull transducer. Anyone got some insight on this project? Thanks....doing a serach of the board too.

supturb89
06-07-2011, 03:29 PM
You can get an idea where to mount the puck from this (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=35553)thread.

Dawg
06-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Do some research on the hummingbird threads. When I was ready to install there was a lot of folks having issues with the Humming Bird 600 series. I had a Super Sport with a Hummingbird that never did work. I went with the Lowrance. It senses 2-3 times a second and is ultra acurate. MC has a specific area to the starboard of the shaft to mount your transducer.
Good Luck

LaRue
06-07-2011, 05:03 PM
not sure if this post adds value but i have just completed researching depth gauges as i needed a new one. I decided to go with the Faria 13752 w/ in hull transducer It is being installed this week. It was only a bit more money than a standard depth gauge, and also provides water and air temp. IMHO, I think the gauge looks nicer than Lowrance and some others. I have read good reviews on Faria gauges and in talking to their tech support, i have nothing but accolades. For what its worth...

http://www.boatersland.com/far-13752.html

stu272
06-07-2011, 05:45 PM
The orginal owner of my boat a 06 X-45 changed all the gauges so he installed this depth finder. NORCROSS MARINE
D11S Compact , Waterproof Surface Mount Depth Sounder.Very small you can put it anywhere without having to drill a 2'' hole in the dash. When I bought the boat he said it never worked right. He mounted the tranducer in the middle of the boat by the front bilge pump. It was a easy place to get to. The hull in that area is to thick and I think may have some dead air space in between. I removed the tranducer and held it over the side of the boat in the water and it worked fine. so than I tried it in the back of the boat right in front of the original tranducer and it worked . Today I installed it with epoxy I let you know how it works.

tideengineer
06-08-2011, 09:26 AM
thanks....let me know how the install goes....I don't want to drill holes. I want accuracy in shallow water, that's my only goal and concern.

tideengineer
06-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Bought a Uniden.....should be here Thursday....hope the install goes well.

woobiedmd
06-20-2011, 01:56 PM
You'll be fine. Just installed a Hawkeye in my old Prostar. Works flawlessly. Follow the instructions/posts listed here. I mounted my transducer to the starboard of where the shaft exits and used "5 minute cure" epoxy. Good Luck!

tideengineer
06-20-2011, 04:56 PM
thanks for all the help! Can't wait to do the install....loving my boat so far! My ten year old daughter wake boarded for first time yesterday!!!

georgea0731
06-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Here's a photo of where mine is mounted, on 197. However, recently, I noticed that it's got a delay in resetting when you restart the engine.
Any ideas on what's causing this delay?