PDA

View Full Version : What else should I do?

c_pohja
06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Ok Guys,

I need some suggestions. I have 3 weeks of downtime before I can get to the lake again, but have every weeknight open to work on the boat. I have a small exhaust leak at the exhaust manifold and am planning on pulling the manifolds and replacing gaskets and bolts (had a couple bolts missing). What else should I do while I have it tore down? Was thinking performer intake? Donít think Iíll have time to do GT40p heads. Plus after reading the threads about not doing the bottom end Iím a little scared as this motor is a 245 hp motorÖ.

Current motor Info:
1984 S&S 2100 hours
351w with professional full rebuild 350 hours (.10 over)
Powerslot
Factory closed cooling boat (sold in HI, been in CO for 20 years)
Electronic ignition
Plugs and wires 1 year ago

Currently the boat is running pretty good other than some black smoke at idle that needs to be tuned out after the exhaust leak is fixed.

Any thoughts Iím ordering parts in the next few day.

Thanks,

c_pohja
06-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Here are some pics of the motor in this boat. Been around Mastercrafts my whole life and never seen one like it untill I picked it up. From what i can tell it's all factory, although i could be wrong. (i know the cooling system is).

Kyle
06-10-2011, 03:28 PM
The p heads and cam would be a night and day difference. Mine was black and white difference. Black being solid ace of spades black and white being hyper bright white. There was no grey. I've been very very very happy with the amount of power it has now.

You have 3 weeks. Geese the engine and tranny are held in with 8 mount bolts and 4 shaft bolts. Take off the intake hose and disconnect the wiring and you can have that engine out in an hour or two. Take the tranny off and put the engine on a stand. You have plenty of time. Just rering the pistons and hone the cylinder walls and torque all the bolts down.

Heads, litters and cam and gasket kit will be close to $800 then add the performer intake and haul ars. It will be the best 1k you ever spent.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-10-2011, 10:31 PM
or 351 CUBIC INCHES 400 HP CRATE ENGINE