PDA

View Full Version : Rotor & Distributor cap

TOO-TALL
06-06-2011, 11:57 PM
Boat was idleing rough this weekend so tonight I pulled the Distributor cap off and it was a mess.
Tried to pull the rotor out and couldn't do it.
Is there something I'm missing with the rotor.It should just pull out ..right?

DO you guys think the local auto parts store would have a matching rotor and cap?

Boat is a 2003 X2 with the MCX.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-10-2011, 10:26 PM
The shaft is probably just a little rusty apply some wd-40 and give a few good tugs, also auto parts house should be able to match up replacement cap and rotors...

ahhudgins
06-10-2011, 10:44 PM
The shaft is probably just a little rusty apply some wd-40 and give a few good tugs, also auto parts house should be able to match up replacement cap and rotors...

^^^Like he said. I don't think the rotor had ever been replaced on the 95 that I purchased used. My rotor ended up breaking into 3 pieces before I got it all off. Rusted solid.

TOO-TALL
06-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't think my rotor or cap had ever been replaced too.
I ended up cuting the top off the rotor with a hacksaw blade and then cutting the round peices off.
Boy was it rusty....no amount of pulling or prying would have got it off.I had to sand the shaft to get the new rotor on.Also put some dilectric grease on there to keep it from happening again.

Autozone had a new cap and rotor.

Thanks for the reply's

slushpup
06-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Thats the only problem I have found with EI, No points to scrape,No reason to pull the distributor and rotor twice a season....