PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I need to know

DJ 50
06-06-2011, 04:26 AM
Ok I've been on this site for a little bit. I've posted some things but like many, have used it more for information. During my many searches for information some of the same people keep showing up. One of these people is/was TMCno1. Now it may be none of my business and maybe it is a bad subeject to bring up, but what the heck happened to him? It seems like he was a huge part of this site and then something or someone ticked him off and he just quit. Can someone please shine some light on the matter because it's killing me.

lintwurm
06-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Been bugging me as well. Would also like to know

Bouyhead
06-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Last I checked he was under the bus!

Jerseydave
06-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Many others on here know him better than I do, but I believe he had some health issues and put his boat up for sale. He was a wealth of information while on here and had a huge collection of MC items, enough to start his own MC museum!

Harold, you are surely missed on here.

sjskier
06-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I think your right, he did have some health problems and I do remember him selling his boat also, sad, he did have a lot to offer.

SkiDog
06-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Well, all the above is true. He HAS health problems, and he had his boat and rig up for sale too. Don't know if he ever sold it though. He says that I am the bus driver that rolled over him as his reason for quitting. I, along with a few others, called him out on an issue that took place on here, and he didn't take too kindly to it. And let me know that during a phone conversation. I've know the man personally for 23 years, and it bothers me to no end that he quit here AND our friendship over a stupid internet forum. So, I guess one could say that I'm to blame for his leaving. HOWEVER, in my defense, I do think that his illness, and all the medication and related items that go along with it, may have caused Harold to alter his behavior somewhat. I honestly don't have a clue. But I do know that the last 5-6 months of his Teamtalk activity, that he was NOT the same man that I knew all those years. Just my:twocents:

TayMC197
06-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Well, all the above is true. He HAS health problems, and he had his boat and rig up for sale too. Don't know if he ever sold it though. He says that I am the bus driver that rolled over him as his reason for quitting. I, along with a few others, called him out on an issue that took place on here, and he didn't take too kindly to it. And let me know that during a phone conversation. I've know the man personally for 23 years, and it bothers me to no end that he quit here AND our friendship over a stupid internet forum. So, I guess one could say that I'm to blame for his leaving. HOWEVER, in my defense, I do think that his illness, and all the medication and related items that go along with it, may have caused Harold to alter his behavior somewhat. I honestly don't have a clue. But I do know that the last 5-6 months of his Teamtalk activity, that he was NOT the same man that I knew all those years. Just my:twocents:

Forum Wrecker!!!!:mad:

93Prostar190
06-06-2011, 11:47 AM
This is an interesting thread ... Harold (TMC ..) was a great contributor and is missed. I know we all wish him well ... his departure (and many others that come and go) are a normal process of boat ownership and this forum.

so in a way it is a call to all of us, to remain as good member of the forum. Contribute when we can, show tolerance when we don't want to, and enhance this aspect of our boating life.

We still have many great members out there which have a wealth of knowledge on MC's, engines, props, skis, boards, trailers, and even a swimsuit picture or 2.

Don't always let Post count be a measure of someone's value ... many of the people that I have met and helped me out, don't have posts counts in the thousands and they know their stuff.

It is also a call to newer members to "dive in" pardon the pun.

Thanks for the bandwidth .... btw ... Buckeye Bash II coming in August ... if you are from Ohio or a neighboring state, you better be here!!!!

lanep82
06-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Don't always let Post count be a measure of someone's value ... many of the people that I have met and helped me out, don't have posts counts in the thousands and they know their stuff.

It is also a call to newer members to "dive in" pardon the pun.

Well said! I am a pretty new member myself and want to help out where I can, as I read these forums several times a day and have gotten some GREAT help already from here (Tower speakers, box anchors, etc). I only wish I could be a bigger contributer.....I just don't know much! :(

scott023
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM

I'll add, as I don't think this is entirely true Eddie. I don't believe it is or was your fault he left. Someone decided to give Harold mod buttons, after that he decided that he wanted to make everything here exactly as HE wanted it, which was not the way the forum was designed IMO. He told some knocks as a mod because he hid behind the buttons instead of maning up and being honest about it. He refused to admit this, even after he sent moderation PM's from is TMCno1 ID instead of his mod id.

Seems to me that Harold was his own undoing on the forum Eddie, doesn't seem right that you're partially blaming yourself.

SkiDog
06-06-2011, 09:14 PM
I'll add, as I don't think this is entirely true Eddie. I don't believe it is or was your fault he left. Someone decided to give Harold mod buttons, after that he decided that he wanted to make everything here exactly as HE wanted it, which was not the way the forum was designed IMO. He told some knocks as a mod because he hid behind the buttons instead of maning up and being honest about it. He refused to admit this, even after he sent moderation PM's from is TMCno1 ID instead of his mod id.

Seems to me that Harold was his own undoing on the forum Eddie, doesn't seem right that you're partially blaming yourself.

I was basing this PURELY on that phone conversation I had with him. He was mad as hell at ME for calling him out for deleting the 'Neverending Threadjack' thread. And I did call him out on it, cause we all know it was him that deleted it. And he wouldn't admit to it. Either way, he quit, and deleted me COMPLETLY from all his contacts,, email, and phones. He let this forum go to his head IMO.

DemolitionMan
06-06-2011, 09:46 PM
I really hate that Harold left. I met Harold back in 2000 and he helped me out a lot thru the years. I called him after he stopped posting to see how he was doing and he told me that he was done with the forum and then hung up on me. I hope all is well with him and his wife.

SkiDog
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
I really hate that Harold left. I met Harold back in 2000 and he helped me out a lot thru the years. I called him after he stopped posting to see how he was doing and he told me that he was done with the forum and then hung up on me. I hope all is well with him and his wife.

Doesn't that sound like a man thats got more issues than just this place?

mccobmd
06-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Ultimately it comes down to he made a series of choices and decisions that ended up leading to his leaving the forum. No one else is the cause, no one could have stopped it. He made a choice to leave and while I miss anyone that enjoy's MC's and the things we do with them we all move on. Good luck TMC#1 and welcome back anytime.

BriEOD
06-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Well, I'm sorry to see anyone go. However, having been a part of Team Talk (or the previous versions) for over ten years now, people do come and go. I've seen folks get run off the board for taking things too serious, politics, brand bashing, you name it. Additionally, being a moderator is a thankless job! I did it for awhile and I hated it. People PM'd me threats, said they were going to file lawsuits against me and MC if I didn't delete something or modify others behavior--you get the picture. I hope Harold's health is OK and he did positively contribute to this site when he chose to.

DemolitionMan
06-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Doesn't that sound like a man thats got more issues than just this place?

Yes, but I hope all is well.

east tx skier
06-07-2011, 09:50 PM

This is my understanding of the bulk of what happened. Understand also that Harold chose to pick up his toys and leave. No one made him go. This forum is about each of it's members, old and new and the sharing of information, both useful ad otherwise. It is most certainly not about post count. And if you were to ask for my opinion, it's not about the brand of boat you own.

east tx skier
06-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, I'm sorry to see anyone go. However, having been a part of Team Talk (or the previous versions) for over ten years now, people do come and go. I've seen folks get run off the board for taking things to serious, politics, brand bashing, you name it. Additionally, being a moderator is a thankless job! I did it for awhile and I hated it. People PM'd me threats, said they were going to file lawsuits against me and MC if I didn't delete something or modify others behavior--you get the picture. I hope Harold's health is OK and he did positively contribute to this site when he chose to.

Oh, I only threatened to sue you twice at the most. ;)

NU-skier
06-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Harold will be missed. Period.
Hope he doesn't sell his boat b/c he enjoyed it too much to not keep it.

Jesus_Freak
06-11-2011, 06:44 AM
People PM'd me threats, said they were going to file lawsuits against me and MC if I didn't delete something or modify others behavior--you get the picture.

WOW, BriEOD!

Yes, I will miss Harold also.

Jim@BAWS
06-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Now we can all sing KUM BY YA and make SMORES!

It's "ALL" Eddie's fault for sure!

Now you know the rest of the story

Jim@BAWS

SkiDog
06-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Now we can all sing KUM BY YA and make SMORES!

It's "ALL" Eddie's fault for sure!

Now you know the rest of the story

Jim@BAWS

Now that I think about it, I believe that YOU stole my log-on credentials and posted all that stuff!

Jim@BAWS
06-11-2011, 09:36 AM
KUUUUUM b YAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man these smores stick to the roof of my mouth!!! They are good !!!!

mccobmd
06-11-2011, 11:51 AM
KUUUUUM b YAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man these smores stick to the roof of my mouth!!! They are good !!!!

Jim, I'm pretty sure you're spelling that wrong!!!

Jim@BAWS
06-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Jim, I'm pretty sure you're spelling that wrong!!!

No I am not....I am singing now, and can get the words out that I really want to get out!!!

I have been eating them for the last few months in between Cuban sandwiches...Eddy will tell ya!!!

Jim@BAWS