PDA

View Full Version : CWB Pure board

JEREMY79
07-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Anybody rode one of these. I just picked one up today. Topped with CWB Torq bindings. Pretty nice looking setup.

Mag_Red
07-22-2005, 11:00 PM
I have one :wavey:

JEREMY79
07-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Do you like it. Which model is it.

Mag_Red
07-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Do you like it. Which model is it. It's the 135 It could just be my lack of skill but I rode a 141 Hyperlite, not sure which model, but the Hyperlite felt more controlable for me. It might have just been the difference in length though. I'm not very good at the wake boarding..........much better on the surfing thing. :twocents:

Mag_Red
07-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Jeremy, I might be heading to Lee's Ford tomorrow.......interested in meeting up???

JEREMY79
07-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Wish I could man. We have to go to a relatives wedding tomorrow. Plan on riding about 6 in the morning here at Barren. Let me know next time hopefully I will be able to.

I like hyperlites but dam they are high. I thought this board was pretty cool hope this link works.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=11214

Tennesseeski
07-23-2005, 03:45 AM
I just bought one last month and I love it!! I like it better than my buddies liquid force board. :D

SkySkiSpokane
07-23-2005, 12:55 PM
I own one too!! Nice tracking with four molded fins and the removables also. The rough front and back also help I believe. I think that you lose a little pop that way but the increases tracking is worth it for me. Have fun!! A guy here had his airbrushed and it looks SWEEEEET!!

JEREMY79
07-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Well I rode it today. Water was VERY rought but I couldnt stand not riding a new board. It did very well in the rough water.

I had a buddy of mine airbrush another board pics of it are in my gallery check them out.

erkoehler
07-23-2005, 07:15 PM
DO all the boards have the removable fins? I want a new board, what do you suggest?

I have what I call a "beginners" board, but now I would like something that I can learn some jumps on. Also, to start learning a few more "air" tricks. This would be my personal board, something that is real nice, no more than $500.

Double Overhead
07-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Theres one thing you have to be careful on with the newer boards. Over the past few years, ever since they added pvc rail sliders to the Pro Wakeboard Tour, I have noticed the style of boards changing. Many of the pro model boards are geared for this. This means that they are much looser on the water with smaller fins. This is cool and all but they just dont track as well as some of the older models. If you are not really good on edging toward the wake it will be much harder. I dont think that many of the everyday recreational riders are slding on PVC rails. Some boards only have molded side fins or small side fins. I think if you are a begginer you should really buy a board with a center fin so you can throw on a nice size fin so it tracks well.

JEREMY79
07-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Agreed. A large center fin is great. I really like rainbow fins.

Erk, from what I can tell I really like the CWB pure. I doesnt track or is as stable as a centerfin board but if you can already ride it would be great. I think Double Up has some new boards that are centerfin only.

erkoehler
07-23-2005, 11:35 PM
I already can wakeboard, and can get some lift off the wakes, but I think that I am being limited by the board. I don't want to have the removable center fins, I want to learn to ride with just the molded fins. The more advance boards don't use the center fin do they?

SkySkiSpokane
07-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Call Wileys in Seattle www.wileyski.com
OR call Active watersports in Portland www.aws-online.com otherwise known as wakeside.com

JEREMY79
07-23-2005, 11:50 PM
I already can wakeboard, and can get some lift off the wakes, but I think that I am being limited by the board. I don't want to have the removable center fins, I want to learn to ride with just the molded fins. The more advance boards don't use the center fin do they?

I could be wrong but I think all boards have a removeable center fin. You can remove them and ride without them if you dont mind getting sqwirley

erkoehler
07-24-2005, 12:28 AM
I could be wrong but I think all boards have a removeable center fin. You can remove them and ride without them if you dont mind getting sqwirley

I never see anyone in a competition or free riding (with tricks) with a center fin, so I want to get a board that is similar to those. I can take the center fins off the liquid force board that I have now, but then it is more of a trick ski than a wakeboard! It is 3-4 years old, so I don't think it has any of the molded fins, plus it is REALLY long and doesn't cut very aggressively to the wake.

Double Overhead
07-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Like I said, the reason that pros started altering their boards to the molded fins was for sliders - So they wouldnt get broken off and allowed better recovery on poor landings. Also most of they time they are riding or shooting video the water is very good. You get that finless board on some chop and you will have a very hard time with stability, especially cutting into the wake. They will edge but unless you want to spend a lot of time looking for glass and learning how to generate speed, buy one with a center fin. Unless your board was designed with a cupped rail or molded fins, you wouldnt want to be taking the fin off of your LF board. Best advice is to demo finless boards and boards with a center fin.

ssippiriverrat
07-28-2005, 10:25 PM
Just thought I would add my :twocents:

Like everyone said before, the center fin is great for beginners while you are learning how to get up and navigate on the board; however, I would say that once you start to get good air and want to start doing tricks--the big center fin is not as good. There are a couple of reasons for this:

First off when you are learning a progessive edge it is important to rely on the actual edge and not the center fin to cut, as the speed you generate comes from the aggressiveness of the cut and not center fin turning.

Second, landings are many times easier without a big center fin--this may seem counterintuitive as the landing will be slippier but you will once you get used to this you will be able to pull out more uncertain landings (where the board isn't in the best landing position).

Third, there is less of a chance of getting hurt due to the slippier landings--the board will be less likely to land and grip to the water.

Finally, it will be much easier to learn surface tricks--butterslide, surface 360 etc.

I like fins that are on the edge to give strong grip going to the wake. If you are already getting air, I would suggest a board with either molded or edge fins.

mcprostar197
07-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Got a Hyperlite State 130 this summer. I love it. It was my step up from my basic board (Hyperlite Shorebreak). We got it for I think 3 something or maybe 400 even at BJ's in Minocqua. Its has really good stability and awesome response (in my opinion).

JEREMY79
07-29-2005, 12:26 AM
The more I ride it, the more I like it.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Anybody rode one of these. I just picked one up today. Topped with CWB Torq bindings. Pretty nice looking setup.
Last weekend there was a S&S for sale in the parking lot of the boat launch at PAW PAW lake Michigan. Sorry I didn't grab the number off it. I won't be back there for some time. Perhaps there is someone on the board that is near there. I saw dozens of MC's on that lake, there is bound to be someone that could get you the phone number on it.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-29-2005, 09:27 AM
Which WB is the one with MASTERCRAFT written across the bottom?

JEREMY79
07-29-2005, 09:50 AM

you lost me there dude?

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 09:52 AM
I have one :wavey:

Somewhere a personal add has just been answered! LMFAO!! :D

BriEOD
07-29-2005, 09:55 AM
http://www.cheapwakeboards.com/

These site is managed by Wiley's.

JEREMY79
07-29-2005, 02:28 PM
working for toys

what

mcprostar197
07-29-2005, 02:57 PM

The who what?