PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform Prostar 209....need some questions answered

Gamble
06-05-2011, 07:08 PM
OK, need some help. Boat is a 2001 model PS 209. Had a bent platform bracket last weekend....the port side bent. And when I say bent, it REALLY bent. Lex ordered me a new set. Props to Lex at Rambo Marine. Great guy, great service.

Next, need to ask just to what extent the brackets support. Can you jump off the platform? Can you set on it while it's on the trailer.....i.e. sit on one side or the other, then jump off of it while it's on the trailer and have something bend? Or, is the platform intended just for water use and if so, to what extent can I expect the brackets to support while in the water.....i.e. can you board from either side or is it strictly in the middle...can you stand on either side of it while in the water, etc? I know it won't hold 9000 lbs, but I'm 180 or so and am wanting to minimize the chances of damage in the future. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sullivan
06-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Don't sweat it. You can put quite a bit of weight on the platform (3 or 4 guys).

Gamble
06-05-2011, 08:09 PM
.....well that's what I thought too........but after looking at the brackets, they're cast.....and I'm uncertain if one can sit/jump off of one on the trailer, as it'd be different than in the water. I'm trying to help determine the cause of the bent bracket.

Gamble
06-06-2011, 07:49 AM
.......surely someone has some insight to some of these questions......

Sullivan
06-06-2011, 10:30 AM
.......surely someone has some insight to some of these questions......

I'm not sure how you bent it. But trust me you can put a sh*! load on there and you won't damage it. What more do you want from us?

meg
06-06-2011, 10:37 AM
My bracket broke and I think the cause was the screws came out of one side of the platform and pulled on the bracket and snapped it-ur correct they are cast

Gamble
06-06-2011, 10:59 AM
see message below

Gamble
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Let's just say it'd be nice if one could answer a few questions regarding the support of the brackets.