PDA

View Full Version : 01 X-Star problems first time out

XChris1632X
06-04-2011, 11:46 PM
I have no tach, hours, speedo, or oil pressure

I put my boat in for the first time this year and let it sit running for a bit. All looked great until I left the no wake zone. It was really choppy and I was limited to about 25mph. All of the sudden my tach, hours, speedo, and oil pressure guages died. the speedo bounced very little momentarily and then quit all together.

The wierdest thing is, not long after all of this happened, I started to feel a little bit of water on my feet. I didnt think anything of it at first but it quickly got worse. It only comes when we are hitting large chop. Water is now soaking my floor and I cannot see where it is coming from. I only notice it dripping off of the sub onto my feet. Part of me figured that this water might be directly related to the newly dead guages. Any ideas?

Jerseydave
06-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Check under your dash for the module. The speedo water hoses are connected to it.

In your case the module is defective and is allowing water to get inside it and short out the circuit board (same thing happened to my friend's 2001 xstar)

Get yourself a new module from your MC dealer, don't use the boat until you do or you may need new gauges also.

XChris1632X
06-04-2011, 11:59 PM
The temp guage seemed to work okay as well as the voltmeter. The Depth finder went crazy for a little while but then came back. You think for sure it is this module though? Any specific name for it so I can look for a new one? I take it that its a common thing?

The speedo lines go into the module and its leaking internally?

I rode the thing the whole rest of the day. Do you think I caused more damage?