PDA

View Full Version : Changing tranny fluid

skongolf
06-04-2011, 05:24 PM
I was doing some work on my 01 x30 today and decided to take a look at my tranny fluid. I first found out that the dipstick is a pain to get to. Its buried under a couple hoses and basically under the rear seat back. I lifted the hatch andits no easier to get to. Do you guys remove the seat back to do this? Just curious, since it seem there will be no way to get new fluid in with the seat in unless I use a long funnel. How easy is it to take the seat back out to make the job easier?
Thanks

Jerseydave
06-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Remove center seat cushion then plastic tray should make it more accessible.

nmcjr
06-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Different boat, but sounds pretty similar. I remove the flame arrester and use a long funnel to fill from engine compartment.

skongolf
06-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I have the LTR motor so I don't know if I can remove the arestor.

gatorguy
06-04-2011, 08:04 PM
I pumped out the old. Measured it, then replaced with equal volume. Then after warming up the engine and trans I rechecked and added a little more while floating. But mine is a 205 DD so I recognize it is much easier to access. My main point was that I pumped it in and out with tubing that could reach around corners.

nmcjr
06-05-2011, 02:33 AM
I have the LTR motor so I don't know if I can remove the arestor.

I have the ltr too. The arrestor is just held on with a hose clamp which comes off easy and should open up the space you need.

Brian B
06-05-2011, 02:36 AM
My X10 LTR is also a pita to get to! I'm tempted to remove the seat back as well....

Subscribed!