PDA

View Full Version : 209/X9 Ballast Set Up

Lakeside09
06-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I currently have the factory ballast system for my 209... one under the rear seat and a bag in the center locker...

When we are riding heavy we have put a 440 on each side of the motor and a 350 up the center of the bow... these are my buddies sacs... with my factory bags included the wake is really really nice.

I for one am not a fan of the bags in the boat... I like the one in the walkway of the bow but that's about it... I like to have the room.

So... I am wanting to put a bag in my rear locker and one up the walk way. That would be plenty for me, along with the factory ballast....

My question is... what bag would you put in the rear locker and would there be any issues with it putting pressure on the gas lines... or would someone be better off buying two of the bricks and placing them seperately on each side of the rear locker?

smoketu
06-05-2011, 08:05 PM
I have an '04 X-9 and have the same factory set up. I put in an integrated bow sack under the seats plumbed from center locker. We also run a 750 in the walkway up front and on those light rider days, I just picked up a 650 to go on the rear seat. I haven't tried the rear yet, cause usually have 3 people sitting there. In reference to your original question, I would be a little nervous about putting extra weight in there doesn't seem like much support. The bag on the rear seat might be an option if the crowd is light.

Lakeside09
06-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks... Upon further inspection... It seems to me like it wouldn't hurt anything to put a sac in the rear locker?

02ProstarSammyD
06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
You shouldn't have any probs putting sacs back there. Don't stress it

kkkeating
06-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Our X9 setup for wakesurfing is the standard ski locker and rear seat fat sacs plus 160 lb fat sac in the rear locker, port side, 750 lb fat sac alongside the engine cover, port side, as far forward as possible, one 150 lb fat brick above the ski locker, and one 275 lb fat sac in the front port side sheet. Add two people on the rear sundect, port side and one more in the passenger seat and we have a wake that's works great.

Lakeside09
06-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Ok new bags ordered from wakemakers...

Anyone know the actual weight of the factory 209/X9 ballast sacs for under the rear seat and the center locker... just trying to confirm the actual weight I have... thanks!

kkkeating
06-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Factory ballast weights: Front ski locker(280 lbs), Rear(352 lbs). You can replace the ski locker sac with a Pro X W704, 350 lbs, and it fits better than the original.

SunvalleyX9
06-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Do you have any pics/video of your wake? I have an 04 X9 and have it set up with the factory bags plus a 950lb sack next to the engine on the side that is being surfed and a 350lb bag up in the bow. We have a really nice wave that we can surf for miles... Just curious as to what yours might look like compared to ours.