PDA

View Full Version : Help please

t16mbo
06-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone my name is Tim and live in England. After some advice please. My father and I own a 2002 190 skier fuel injected. Used boat 2 weeks ago and all was fine. Today we put fuel in and headed to lake. Started up fine. After 4 or 5 minutes the revs drop off, feels like it dies. The engine does not cut out. Then you go to pull away and bogs down with no power. If you trickle a little the push throttle it goes away and if you turn the engine off then back on. Then will run again for same length of time and do it again.
From what I can see there are 2 lines coming from top of the tank. If you follow one it has what looks like an inline fuel filter about the size of a Red bull can then as it goes up to top of engine it goes Into a metal pipe. On this pipe is what looks like a bicycle valve. And if you press the valve whilst engine is running squirts out hard. With ignition on not much happens.
So could my running issues be fuel related or something else. At a loss of what to do

Huskie05
06-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone my name is Tim and live in England. After some advice please. My father and I own a 2004 prostar 190. Used boat 2 weeks ago and all was fine. Today we put fuel in and headed to lake. Started up fine. After 4 or 5 minutes the revs drop off, feels like it dies. The engine does not cut out. Then you go to pull away and bogs down with no power. If you trickle a little the push throttle it goes away and if you turn the engine off then back on. Then will run again for same length of time and do it again.
From what I can see there are 2 lines coming from top of the tank. If you follow one it has what looks like an inline fuel filter about the size of a Red bull can then as it goes up to top of engine it goes Into a metal pipe. On this pipe is what looks like a bicycle valve. And if you press the valve whilst engine is running squirts out hard. With ignition on not much happens.
So could my running issues be fuel related or something else. At a loss of what to do

sounds like bad fuel, maybe a fuel additive to fight the bad fuel. The real help is on the way, I know only enough to wreck my boat. Good Luck! have a pint and give it a couple minutes, experts are coming.

t16mbo
06-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks buddie. All help is appreciated. Just a sod as was working at the lake due to someone vandalising it and in England it was actually hot so perfect to get some skiing in

heypops
06-03-2011, 11:23 PM
look up 'Poor Power & Acceleration' thread.
Read thru the threads there. It may be of some help.
Cheers!