PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram for gauges/panel

wrobins1
06-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I am searching for a wiring diagram for the panel or gauges for my 2002 Mastercraft X-star. I have the Indmar manual but I am having difficulties with the gauges and that is not included in the wiring diagrams for the engine. I am sure that there is more than one problem that I maybe able to solve if I could find a diagram. I also know that these are closely guard by the dealers was just hoping that someone had an idea of where I could find one. PLEASE....

JohnnyB
06-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Looking for the same thing for my '04 Prostar 197. Would be handy to have all but specifically looking for info around the speedo/MMDC/paddle wheel.

JimN
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I am searching for a wiring diagram for the panel or gauges for my 2002 Mastercraft X-star. I have the Indmar manual but I am having difficulties with the gauges and that is not included in the wiring diagrams for the engine. I am sure that there is more than one problem that I maybe able to solve if I could find a diagram. I also know that these are closely guard by the dealers was just hoping that someone had an idea of where I could find one. PLEASE....

Indmar has nothing to do with the gauges.

Write a detailed description of the problem.

CantRepeat
06-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Indmar has nothing to do with the gauges.

Write a detailed description of the problem.

This is going to be your best bet.

Other then the very old boats I've never seen a wiring diagram released to the public on MC boats.

wrobins1
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I brought an abused boat. It sat around salt water for years and the corrison damage appears to have been pretty serve. The only gauges working are the RPM and possibley the voltage gauge. I need a way of trouble shooting each of the other gauges. (Saved money on buying the boat but it means I will have to put the work into it instead.)

JimN
06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
I brought an abused boat. It sat around salt water for years and the corrison damage appears to have been pretty serve. The only gauges working are the RPM and possibley the voltage gauge. I need a way of trouble shooting each of the other gauges. (Saved money on buying the boat but it means I will have to put the work into it instead.)

You need to tell us what kind of boat and the year it was made. If it has the older style gauges, it's easy to test them but if it has the medallion digital gauges, the procedure is completely different.

wrobins1
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
2002 Mastercraft X-star with the digital gauges (If in question Indmar 5.7 TBI)

JimN
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
2002 Mastercraft X-star with the digital gauges (If in question Indmar 5.7 TBI)

If you have a MC dealer near you, ask if they have the test harness for the gauges. If not, it'll be a bit of a crap shoot because you can't just use a multi-meter on these, unlike the old ones. The first step would be to inspect the harness and the MDC box where the harness plugs in. If you see corrosion, it may need to be replaced.

The good news is that the gauges are well sealed, so it's unlikely that moisture got inside (although it can happen).

fishcrab
06-07-2011, 03:54 PM
speaking of wiring, my better half has been bugging me about installing a depth finder on our '07 X-2. I have heard the new boats come with speed, temp and depth. Is that true? If so what are the chances to retro-fit depth into my '07? The ducer would be simple enough, it's the rest of it and finding a spot to mount the readout. Would hate to have a big Furuno or Raymarine gauge bolted like an eyesore up on the dash. Any ideas?

wrobins1
06-07-2011, 03:57 PM
I do not have a dealer anywhere close hours and hours away... I realized inability of checking them with a multi-meter when me and a buddy pulled the dash this past weekend. So what is the test proceeds for this gauges if I do not have a test harness? What are test procedures for the sending units? What is the testing procedure for the MDC?