PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on Just Received Damaged Teakworld Swim Platform

Boater_C
06-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Hello!

I bought a swim platform directly from Teakworld. It arrived today, but damaged (underside part of one of the corners is broken off). They do not accept credit cards, so I paid COD (they paid the COD fee). I am super unhappy about it being damaged. It wasn't packaged very well (it was loose in the box with some cardboard pieces shoved in; I was expecting wrapped in foam and plastic). I already took pictures and wrote them tonight. I was really looking forward to using this new, larger and solid platform this weekend (spring is expected to finally arrive tomorrow). Luckily, nothing wrong with smaller, slatted platform.

I am tempted to stop payment on the check tomorrow, because I am concerned this may turn into one big hassle, and I am not anywhere close to Teakworld (Wa vs. Tenn). I have never had any prior experience with them except for buying this platform, and even that didn't go very smoothly (to make up for it they said they would give me a transom saver, but they didn't (forgot it maybe?)). What do you think I should do - stop payment on the check? I probably have only until tomorrow to do this if I am going to, otherwise it will probably clear by Monday. Thank you in advance for your advice!

Rich

Kyle
06-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Calm down man. Tommy nation is pretty cool. Call him tomorrow and discuss the issue. Post pics of damage.

Boater_C
06-03-2011, 12:39 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3483/5792669342_1565a0832e_z.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3595/5792668596_abfe3a73af_z.jpg

gatorguy
06-03-2011, 01:15 AM
I think you have a valid warranty issue, but you should give them a chance before jumping off the deep end.

Boater_C
06-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Thanks for the comments Kyle. I just have no experience with Mr. Nation, and since not a credit card pay, can't contest it. A lot of unknowns. Shipping alone was a $100; hope they paid for insurance.

gotta_ski
06-03-2011, 05:12 AM
That sucks. I know how it feels to spend a bunch of money on something you're all excited about, and it shows up damaged.

I've never bought from them but I did talk to them on the phone a few times and they seem like great people. Other folks on here who've dealt with them also had good things to say. Give them a chance.

Worst case scenario if they won't help you, you can always glue the piece back on. It looks like its the side against the boat on the bottom, so you'll never see it. Some gorilla glue would probably last as long as you own the boat.

Hopefully they make it right. Good luck.