PDA

View Full Version : Better big water security? X25 or X35

dreddy
06-02-2011, 07:46 PM
I've been working toward an upgrade for a while and after a harrowing weekend on Lake Powell, I'm wondering what I'm should be working toward. The 35 is bigger and seems deeper but the 25 has the made-for-the-breakers hull. I've sat in both at the boat show and would happy in either otherwise. Has anyone tried both in rough waters?

Thanks

South Ga. Nole
06-02-2011, 11:25 PM
i researched both and had made up my mind I wanted a 35 until I saw one on a trailer. It was huge. I test drove it and it didn't feel as big on the water but that 1.5 feet definately makes for a much larger boat and more room. The 35 is deeper than the 25. I live on a rather large lake and after testing out both went with the 25. In my mind the everyday logistics with the 25 would be much easier, getting on lift, trailering, storage, etc. My neighbor has the 35 and loves it and I love my 25. Both have great rides in rough water, the 35 is just longer and deeper than the 25. I have a ton of room in my 25 and would not trade it for another boat! You won't go wrong with either choice.