PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X-2 Problems

Nerve05
06-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Hello:

I have a few issues I would like to get information on if possible.

-My VDIG screen is constantly reloading at start-up. Normally, the system boots right into the gauge clusters but recently whenever we start or restart the boat, the system has to reload completely where the line of "....." loads up then is followed by the MC video. This is somewhat irritating, and we would like to fix it, any suggestions? We think it may have something to do with the fuse box/knob thing in the back right corner of the boat under the seat cushion. If someone could tell me where that knob is supposed to be turned towards that would be great as well.

-We are also having a problem with our speaker system. All speakers on the boat are giving feedback in the form of a low humming/bubbling noise. It's not static but a strange hum/screech.

-Finally, what is everyone running for their optimum rope length for wakeboarding? And weight setups?

Nerve05
06-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Bump Bump Bump

vision
06-01-2011, 10:36 PM
The VDIG rebooting is exactly what my VDIG did when my Optima blue top batteries were dying. The problem existed from the day I bought the boat new and after 6 months I canned the Optimas and replaced with Dekas. VDIG has not rebooted since.

By the knob thing, do you mean your battery selector? Are you running dual batteries?

As for the speakers, sounds like possibly a bad ground. This may be contributing to your potential voltage problems affecting the VDIG.

Sorry, I can not help with rope length and ballast. But rope length is very dependent on boat speed, ballast, and of course, skill level.

MC X-15
06-01-2011, 10:38 PM
I have the same problem. I think its because of a low battery. well thats what ive been told. The wakeboard video thing is a setting in the vdig. Go to the settings screen and turn it off. I would love to get the loading thing gone, its really annoying. Also the dealer service screen pops up and i reset it but once i turn the boat off it comes back. Its like the computer gets reset and has to load.

edit** I also have the blue optimas. Might be time for some new batterys.

ORX-1
06-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey there- This is Gregg I was talking with you on wakeworld I think. for wakeboarding we fill all stock tanks and put a long bag, maybe 500-750 from the bow back and then two 250's in the back one on each side. I ride at 24 at 65 or 70 off depending on number of people in boat etc.