PDA

View Full Version : X-25 Plug and Play setup

ShawnB
06-01-2011, 11:30 AM
24.9 hours in on our 2011 X-25 and we finally seem to have the wake dialed in

The boat was ordered with the plug-and-play option which plumbs in three additional outlets for bags and motorized actuators (one in the front and one in the back) to switch the factory pumps from filling the hard tanks and the bags.

As I have said in other threads this system unfortunately removes the automated functionality of the factory ballast system including the timers and B.I.G. integration for rider profiles. Also, the factory does not ship the bags with the system so you have to buy your own. This was actually a blessing as it turns out since the front bag is intended to go in the walkway to the bow and we did not want any exposed bags.

The first step was to get the bags. For this we went with the 400lb VDrive bags in the back and the "Nautique-style" 250lb wedge bags for the front. the wedge shape conforms perfectly to the floor in the bow where there is only a few inches of clearance at the very front of the seats but plenty of room in as you move aft. Finally, we added an old 500lb bag that was hanging around in the garage to the storage area on the port side. This will be filled for surfing.

Next, the plumbing. The back is literally plug-and-play. The outlets are on the floor in the back compartments and line up perfectly with the port on the bag. Since MC only provides one outlet in the front, we tried plumbing the front bags in series and quickly decided that we were going to need to improvise. To that end, we took the feed hose and added a T fitting with two manual ball valves. This allows us to fill one or both front bags with the single switch. For the surf setup, we set up a similar system on the port side with a T and two valves. This gives us maximum flexibility on how the system is filled.

One side note is that we did not plumb any overflow for the bags nor was any provided by MC. The only downside of this is that while filling the bags we need to stay awake to make sure they are not overfilled.

And some pictures. Apologies about the quality of the tower-cam pictures of the wake. Nobody else has tried the "big boy" wake so I haven't taken any pictures myself.

rgardjr1
06-01-2011, 01:02 PM
So do you think the plug-and-play option is worth it? Sounds like all you gain is the ability to fill the factory tanks only, the bags only or both with out having to manual switch a valve. Do the factory tanks have overflow vents that you can tee into with the bags? I know from manually filling bags with a tsunami pump that I get air in the bags that I need to burp. I'm very happy with my overflow setup in my 2006 with no timers to worry about. Seems like Mastercraft could have done a little better job on the plug-and-play setup.

ShawnB
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
So do you think the plug-and-play option is worth it?

That's a very hard question. I would say probably not but I wouldn't want to go with just the stock ballast so there would have to be SOME kind of plug-and-play integration. My ideal system would have dedicated pumps, overflows for the bags, and full BIG integration.

rgardjr1
06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
full BIG integration.

That's what seems to not make much sense. Spending a bunch of $ to have BIG and the factory option to add extra ballast doesn't use it at all. Can you still have rider ballast profiles and just use the factory hard tanks or do you completely lose this ability with plug-and-play?

ShawnB
06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
You lose the ability to have the big fill and empty the ballast. All of the other rider settings (speed/kdw/plates) are still available.

ShawnB
06-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Here's a better pic of the wake with the plug-and-play. In this particular shot we did not have the extra 500lb side sack filled so it was just port and KGB hard tanks and both port bags filled.

mseller
06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Do you see any issue w/ draining the front bow sacs? The way you have it set up it seems the water would be stuck in the back

ShawnB
06-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Do you see any issue w/ draining the front bow sacs? The way you have it set up it seems the water would be stuck in the back

No issue at all. I mounted the bags upside down with the hose connected at the lowest point and used an orange PFD (hey they have to be good for something) to give it the proper clearance off the floor. Since there's no air in the bags the pumps create suction and pull out as much water as I want them to.

mseller
06-01-2011, 05:28 PM
good idea...i didnt even think of putting the bags upside down