PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Prostar 205 Questions

sheyski
05-31-2011, 01:22 PM
I was trying to pull an ATB act this weekend (Ski around the boat) and realized I have really tight steering. A few other drivers pointed out that I should be able to turn the steering wheel with 1 finger and it's taking me both hands to crank it around. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Does something need to be greased or do we need to replace cables?

Also, our power keeps cutting out. Boat starts great every time and it ran great last summer. This spring, my husband replaced the fuel filter, oil filter, etc and now after running for 5 to 10 minutes, the power disappears and backfires if you keep trying to give it gas. We shut it off for awhile, and then it runs again for another 5 - 10 minutes before it starts acting that way again. If we are doing show ski practice and shutting the boat off after every pass, no problems.

Finally, our driver side console is loose and shakes really bad with the rollers. I'm not referring to the steering column itself, just the entire drivers side area of the boat. Is there anyway to tighten that up? It seems like the screws to hold it in are gone and can only be reached from under the floor board somehow. We can't figure out how to get under the floor board.

Thanks for your help :)

Shey

east tx skier
05-31-2011, 02:14 PM
There are 3 zerks for adding grease to the steering. Two are on the cable and can be accessed through the floor plate behind the motorbox. The third is on the rudder assembly. Turn the wheel all the way in one direction, give each zerk a few shots of grease and rotate the steering wheel to the opposite end of the spectrum. Give it another shot of grease. Have some towels handy to wipe up the excess when it gets spit back out.

sheyski
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Great. Thanks for the info. We will give that a shot this weekend!

Any suggestions for the loose console?