PDA

View Full Version : X-30 Engine Missing at low end

autgbm
05-30-2011, 11:13 PM
My 2002 X-30 Mastercraft runs very rough and misses at low end but at high end runs good after a minute. I've replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, changed the oil, but no help. I'm now looking at changing the spark plugs and wires out and cleaning the air filter (cleaned end of year last year so shouldn't be any impact). Is there any points or timing that I need to look at as I've never touched either of these in the 3 years I've owned the boat. Love the boat but want that great performance back!

Gary

JRLx30
06-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Missing would be electrical like plugs or wires. I have a 2002 X30 with the 330HP with 226 hours on it. I have replaced plugs.

autgbm
06-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Missing would be electrical like plugs or wires. I have a 2002 X30 with the 330HP with 226 hours on it. I have replaced plugs.
I went ahead and changed the plugs and wires but in doing so found that one of my ground wires from the starting module had been rubbed thru to the wire and was grounding out on the engine block when we hit a wave so this shorted out the engine just for a second ie. the electronic fuel enjectors. Puting in teh water tomorrow to check for sure but 99% sure this is the issue.

Gary

wakescene
06-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Don't discount the Coil Packs. Corrosion on the leads from the ICM to the Coil Packs was my issue. Once these were cleaned up, my problem was resolved. I had started a post about this some time ago because during wakesurfing, you could hear the mis in the ignition.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=39965

autgbm
06-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the input, I found a ground wire that had the outer coating missing and was grounding itself to teh engine when we hit a wave. All fixed and running well except for a little vibration in nuetral but added a second message quesiton to cover this new one.

Gary