PDA

View Full Version : dewinterizing

ricford
05-30-2011, 11:02 PM
I have searched the forums and haven't seen anything like I have. It's a 96 Prostar with an LT1 and instead of a petcock on the port side it has a hose that goes to a y fitting with on/off valves. I bought it winterized and the hose from the engine was removed from the y fitting. I've put it back on, but wondered what position the valves should be in. I am assuming that the hose from the petcock should be off, and the other one on. This would connect a half inch hose from the back (transmission cooler?) to the front at the water pump. If any of that makes sense. If not, I will post a picture tomorrow when its light out.

east tx skier
05-31-2011, 12:17 PM
It's early and that doesn't make much sense. A picture might help. Thanks.

Jorski
05-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Do you have a shower by any chance? Could that be where the second hose runs?

Other than that guess...need pictures.

ricford
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
I know, after I read it I thought no one is going to be able to understand it. I'll post some pictures when I get home from work.

flipper
05-31-2011, 12:41 PM
Sounds like the lines that go to the shower to me.

ricford
05-31-2011, 07:24 PM
You`re right, Flipper it`s the line to the shower. The y fitting that also connects to the drain hole in the block confused me. I assume then that the line from the block should be off and the line to the shower should be on.
Thanks, I should have figured this out on my own. This is my first inboard.

Ski-me
05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
You`re right, Flipper it`s the line to the shower. The y fitting that also connects to the drain hole in the block confused me. I assume then that the line from the block should be off and the line to the shower should be on.
Thanks, I should have figured this out on my own. This is my first inboard.

Don't worry. I've had my boat for about 3 years and have "just started" looking at the shower the PO installed. I really didn't know if it was factory or not. Or if it even worked!~

What I've found is a "tee" fitting coming out of my block. One to the heater and one to the shower. However, my shower line only goes to a garden "wye" and then a single hose to a sprayer. I've looked and looked but don't see any type of pump anywhere. I am assuming it worked "maybe a little" but I can't seem to get going.

I just don't think it's worth $250 to get a shower working. Much prefer the heater to work! :)

ricford
06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Sounds exactly what I have. Check the "garden wye" fitting, mine has valves on it to turn it on and off. Haven't had mine in the water yet so not sure if mine works or not either. Looks like it uses the water pump on the engine to pump the water for the shower.