PDA

View Full Version : Over Heated Engine

scocs15
05-29-2011, 08:03 PM
I have an '06 X2 and the dash guages went out today, the engine was running fine then all of a sudden it had no power. I couldn't go faster than no wake. It appeared to be running hot, so i didn't know if something went wrong and a safety deal kicked in to keep the engine running slow. The dash guages went out too, so I'm not sure if the 2 are realated or not.

On another issue (posted under electrical), and I don't think the 2 are realated, all the dash guages went out, but the boat would start, but that was about the only electrical success I had on a bad day out. The boat did take on A LOT of water b/c it was so windy out. I'm wondering if something shorted out or if I tripped the main breaker or blew a fuse. All the breakers under the drivers side were ok. The guages were working on earlier in the day, then I noticed the depth guage was WAY out of whack. A little bit later it was out.

Anyway, it was not a fun day on the water today. Any help I'd appreciate.
Thanks.

scocs15
05-30-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure what caused this issue, but the engine ran fine this morning in the driveway with the hose hooked up to it. Maybe it will have issues once I get it on the lake again, but it's a good sign so far.

I did get the dash gauges figured out. I added a 2nd battery for the stereo and unknowinly hooked the dash electrical wires to it. The battery was drained so that was reason 1 causing the problem. The other reason was a loose main ground nut behind the dash. Hopefully things run fine the next time out.