PDA

View Full Version : Impeller housing leaking on bottom

skongolf
05-29-2011, 11:50 AM
We finally got our 2001 x30 out and when I looked at the motor I noticed a drip from the bottom of the impeller housing. It's not coming from the seal in front it's dripping from the very bottom and a little bit from the side closest to the motor. I am really new to all of this so I am just trying to find out if this is an impeller housing issue, bad impeller or what it could be. Any suggestions are appreciated.

JimN
05-29-2011, 11:52 AM
We finally got our 2001 x30 out and when I looked at the motor I noticed a drip from the bottom of the impeller housing. It's not coming from the seal in front it's dripping from the very bottom and a little bit from the side closest to the motor. I am really new to all of this so I am just trying to find out if this is an impeller housing issue, bad impeller or what it could be. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Did you have freezing temperatures over the winter? If the hoses and raw water pump weren't drained, it could have cracked. Otherwise, it could be a bad rear seal.

skongolf
05-29-2011, 12:17 PM
We just bought it from a couple in Sparks NV and they has said they winterized it and it was stored in their garage. Looks like a pretty easy fix if i replace the whole thing but I could be wrong. If I only replace that rear seal I would have to take the whole pump off, correct. Does anyone know where I could find directions for this?

JimN
05-29-2011, 12:25 PM
We just bought it from a couple in Sparks NV and they has said they winterized it and it was stored in their garage. Looks like a pretty easy fix if i replace the whole thing but I could be wrong. If I only replace that rear seal I would have to take the whole pump off, correct. Does anyone know where I could find directions for this?

You would need to remove the pump but I would verify the leak's location, first. I think SkiDim may have instructions and a seal kit.

DrJ
05-29-2011, 06:49 PM
I would like to know what you figure out. Mine is doing the same thing. Please keep us posted.

skongolf
05-30-2011, 11:41 AM
As it looks right now I will probly replace the whole pump. Mine is 11 years old and the shaft looks pretty crappy. I got a PDF for the seal repair on another site and you need some tools I don't have, mostly presses. Anyway I am sure it would cost more than the price of me putting a pump on to repair it.
DrJ- Do u have any overheating issues the way it is now. Mine is a slow drip right now and would like to keep boating until I can fix it.

DrJ
05-31-2011, 11:43 AM
No overheating. I have a shower leak and just noticed the slow leak while troubleshooting the shower leak. I will most likely just keep my eye on it and replace the pump at the end of the season unless it gets worse.

skongolf
05-31-2011, 06:40 PM
I talked to Charlotte Ski Boats this a.m. and they said basically the same thing. Not a huge concern if its a drip and to just keep an eye on it. They had the best price on a new pump for mine. $199. Have you priced your pump yet? Also I have a leaking shower pump too. Have you found a replacement for yours? I unplugged my electrical connections and it still leaks. I tried finding a replacement pump and no luck yet.