PDA

View Full Version : rainy weekend

robin
05-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Memorial day weekend here in NE Indiana....lakes are flooded, its still raining, our pier is under water...good thing budweiser is still in business. Tried posting a pic of our flooded shore, but my droid is not cooperating ......

bturner2
05-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Same story here in SE Michigan. Our lake is shallow so I'm good with the high water but it's no use to us until it quits raining. As I write looking out the window it's still overcast after getting rain overnight. Still hoping to get out this afternoon or maybe tomorrow. Who knows at this point.

aquaman
05-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Please send us some of your rain......our lakes are down significantly.....no rain in sight.

Looks like a very dry summer ahead in Texas. :(

gatorguy
05-29-2011, 12:05 PM
31mph wind in OK with no rain. The lake 1mile from my house is almost dry and the ramp has been closed. Now I have to drive 20min. That is if the wind ever stops.

André
05-29-2011, 02:43 PM
Managed to squeeze a set this morning between thundershowers...
Lots of rain for us too lately.

robin
05-29-2011, 11:18 PM
We. Managed to get in some of our girls birthday boat parade. A tornado warning sent us back about half way through. At the we got her birthday cupcakes done before this....

Sullivan
05-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Lots of Rain here in the Portland OR area too. Still skied two sets today but the rain was back just as we finished.

LaRue
05-30-2011, 06:14 PM
90 degrees. sun is out. Just one problem... 40 mph winds. I went to visit her this morning and told her she was gonna have to stay in the shed I'm not sure who was more disappointed her or the family

robin
05-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Here is our dock/ shore this weekend. It is floating and is a good 6 inches under the water when walked on. the weather was beautiful memorial day; go figure, the wife and kids stayed at the lake and i had to go to work....:( My Mastercraft is the spoiled boat under the blue shorestation canopy.

Ski-me
05-31-2011, 09:50 AM
90 degrees. sun is out. Just one problem... 40 mph winds. I went to visit her this morning and told her she was gonna have to stay in the shed I'm not sure who was more disappointed her or the family

Sunny here but a lot of wind! We still went but apparently no one else wanted to be on the small lake. We were the only ones on the lake at 9am yesterday. Crazy!

Oh, an the small city lake is in "Memorial Park".......still no one!?!?

Slinkyredfoot
05-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Memorial day weekend here in NE Indiana....lakes are flooded, its still raining, our pier is under water...good thing budweiser is still in business. Tried posting a pic of our flooded shore, but my droid is not cooperating ......

What lake are you on? Had the same situation on Lake Tippecanoe, water rose 6" in two days. Finally was beautiful yesterday and just idled around the lake. Great Memorial Day weekend all the same.

robin
05-31-2011, 06:58 PM
we are on the Indian lakes chain in Wolcottville. (Messick, Hackenburg, Dallas, Westler, and Witmer). the lakes are not completely closed, but are idle speed only now. I figured this summer would be lousy, as last summer was as close to perfect as we could get for boating / laking in our area....

SunCoast 83
05-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Send some of that rain to Central Florida....

DooSPX
05-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Sorry to hear that you didn't get to enjoy your weekend! Hope the weather gets better soon so you can get that beauty of a MC out!

DooSPX
05-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Send some of that rain to Central Florida....

No kidding!

blakehardesty
06-01-2011, 08:18 AM
What lake are you on? Had the same situation on Lake Tippecanoe, water rose 6" in two days. Finally was beautiful yesterday and just idled around the lake. Great Memorial Day weekend all the same.

Im only like 40 minutes from lake tippy on lake manitou and we havnt had any of those problems. I wonder if you have had that much more rain. The lake was probably 16in from touching the bottom of my pier.