PDA

View Full Version : Missing/Popping Problems

nfraley
05-28-2011, 08:00 PM
I have a 2007 Mastercraft X2. I took it out twice since i got it, and it ran like a champ. This weekend when i first put it in, it felt like it was missing when i went about 10mph, and it would also make a loud popping sound. I think its backfiring from the intake. I have no idea what the problem was so i did some research on here, and not many people have had this problem. I have tried replacing the dist. Cap, Rotor, the crank sensor, and i have checked all the plugs out, and the plugs looked great. Since i first got the boat it also had a check engine light on, but i can push a couple buttons to turn it off, and i wasnt worried about it because it ran fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i really want this boat to get some fun time this weekend. Thanks Everyone :)

Jerseydave
05-29-2011, 08:59 AM
The check engine light situation should be looked at.....let your dealer scan it and see what that problem could be.

Popping through the intake could mean the firing order is wrong....recheck your plug wires.
If you changed cap and rotor you should install new plugs too.

Make sure your knock sensor is plugged in. I've heard sometimes this is forgotten after winterization.

east tx skier
05-29-2011, 10:12 AM
If you recently changed your plugs, make sure you got all the wires back on. A loose plug wire will cause this exact scenario.

nfraley
05-29-2011, 06:45 PM
i fixed the problem, i had to change the fuel pump. Thanks for everyones help :)