PDA

View Full Version : Where is the water coming from???

51timber
05-27-2011, 11:34 PM
My 2003 X-30 after each use has water in the bottom of the gas tank hold and front ballast sack hold. The ballst tank pumps are siezed and need to be replaced. So the pumps aren't running and the front sack and rear ballast tanks are empty. Is this normal???is it just the rear bilge or is there one for the front of the boat? Also the carpet on the floor areas adjacent to the rear ballast tanks are always wet after each use as well. a I just bought this x30 and am new to the world of mastercraft. ( Love it so far)!!! Any thoughts??? Also where is the best place to get a tune up kit?

agarabaghi
05-27-2011, 11:37 PM
more than likely the carpets in the back are staying were from rooster tail washover the sundeck, not a big deal. You can try to dry out the compartments by leaving them open, or just deal with it. A little water in a boat never hurt. Check your packing gland and also for any drips from the impeller / water pump. What might seem like a slow drop at idle, could become a continuous spray at cruising speeds.

tr6coug
05-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Look around the rudder port also. Last year I had lots of water in the bilge couldn't figure it out until I finally saw water coming in around the rudder last time out. Rudder port bearing was shot.

Jeff d
05-28-2011, 04:43 PM
On my '00 230 (Same hull as X30) I have 4 ducts coming off of the vents at the rear. The duct on the port side goes into the blower but the 3 on the starboard side just go down behind the muffler to draw out the air from down low where the fuel vapors settle.

On mine the duct on the starboard side got moved over to the point where when water splashed over the rear it went down the vent and onto the carpet. I moved the duct back towards the middle and it hasn't gotten wet there since. I do still take on a lot of water when wakeboarding with full ballast though because when the boat stops the wave hits the back and goes down those vents.

kskonn
05-28-2011, 11:36 PM
It is normal. I also have an 03 x30 and the water is in the same spot every time. My carpet is never wet though, not sure what is causing that. One thing to note, I never get enough water in the bottom of the boat where I need to use the bilge pump. It never turns on automatically and every now and then I turn it on manually just to make sure nothing is up. I probably have 1 inch of water. I pull the plugs when I pull it out of the water and it is always drained within 30 seconds.

FYI... My dealer indicated that I will get water in there from the natural lubing process while running, also from going in reverse.