PDA

View Full Version : 1992 MC Prostar 205 ....... my first boat!

PocketThunder
05-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Hello everyone. I bought my first boat 2 weeks ago! My spouse and i have 3 little kids and its time to start tubing and skiing. Take a look at the pictures and tell me how i did. It has 352 hours on it. 351 Ford with a carb, and this sucker hauls ***!

Paul

PocketThunder
05-27-2011, 06:47 PM
more pics.

PocketThunder
05-27-2011, 06:49 PM
How do i get this window frame straight?

The charger doesnt mind her new neighbor... :)

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Nice 1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Oh and the Prostar is a classic as well

ahhudgins
05-27-2011, 08:03 PM
I like the color scheme. It just needs a little TLC...a good cleaning and get that prop reworked or replaced. I'd like to see some more pics of that windshield. Did someone add a bracket to the frame or is crooked? If I run over a big roller in my Maristar the boat will flex enough that the windshield frame will drop thru and get hung on the vinyl. This gives me a perfect reason not to pull tubes any more!!!!

scharette
05-27-2011, 09:12 PM
If you want to blast lady gaga for your kids, you should change that tape deck!
Have good family time and be safe!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-27-2011, 09:34 PM
If you want to blast lady gaga for your kids, you should change that tape deck!
Have good family time and be safe!

I had a 69 charger many moons ago, it had an 8 track !

cbryan70
05-27-2011, 09:44 PM
A new CNC'd prop will make a WORLD of a difference

jk13
05-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Put the boat in the water before you adjust the windshield. On the trailer the hull will sit differently on the bunks than it will with the even pressure of water. It does look pretty far askew, however.

Great boat, btw. If I would have found one in my range two years ago, you guys would see me a bunch more on this board.

damaged442
05-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Congrats on your acquisition. Nice Prostar, just needs a little love, no biggie!! Love that R/T also. Ever since I first saw the Dukes, always wanted a 69 Charger!!

ski/hunt
05-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Congrats!! Your family will love it! We are on our second season with a 96 205 same color scheme. This past winter was the longest ever!! (never had a boat in the garage)
ENJOY!!

ski/hunt
05-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Awesome boat for a first!!

PocketThunder
05-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Well since you asked. I've had two Chargers before this one, a 68, and a 69 C500, i sold them though and now i have this one. I bought it out of southern California 2 years ago. It is and original paint/interior/engine car. All i did was rebuild the engine, replace the carpet, headliner, and tires. The rest is all original as it left the factory in 1969.

Paul

Damn deer are wood rats around here. I've almost got the damage fixed. the bumper is going to the bumper shop and i'll get that back in 3-4 months...

03geetee
05-28-2011, 07:50 AM
Congrats on the boat! First off sick mopar love those probably one of the meanest and cleanest body styles out there.

The boat looks to be in good shape, motor appears that someone took good care of it. A few weekends of brightening and some upgrades and that thing can be what ever you want it to be. Have fun with the family and enjoy!

JTR

Muttley
05-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Awesome boat! Of course, I'm kinda biased, 'cuz I have one as well...

I had the same problem with the windshield extrusion. Mine split in rough water and I had it welded, then re-powder coated. They did a crappy job. I've been trying to find some of that extrusion, but it's been impossible so far. MC wants you to buy the whole freakin' windshield door.

east tx skier
05-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Nice looking boat!

On the windshield, go underneath and loosen all of the nuts (this will require someone topside with a screwdriver holding the bolts so they don't spin). Pull the windshield back to how it should be and retighten everything. If that doesn't work, those windshield pieces can be straightened out with (wait for it) a good yank. The latter method was what worked best on mine. I had a good mechanic with a bit of insurance do it for me while I looked the other way.

Ben
05-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Nice choice on both vehicles...

Looks like your motorbox is missing insulation. Maybe not. It likely came with 3/4" or so foam. A few people on here (me included) have replaced with 1" foil lined stuff from mcmaster carr. I can't find the link now. I'm happy so far, my boat seems a bit quieter than the old stuff, which was falling down on the top.