PDA

View Full Version : Calibrating Speedo

MC X-15
05-26-2011, 04:30 PM
08 X-15 SS. Digital Speedo reads different from the instrument panel speedo. About 10 mph difference. Just started this year when I unwrapped the boat. I dont have a GPS, is there anyway to calibrate the speedo without a GPS? The non digital speedo seems correct but I am not sure, they could both be off.

Thanks
Rob

TxsRiverRat
05-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Drive a car along the shoreline and stay even with the boat

Dylan
05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Do you have a smartphone, or know anyone with one? I calibrate mine off of a gps speed app...

MC X-15
05-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Dylan, i do have a android smart phone. If i can get tyhe speed app how do I actually set the speedo. I have the Vdig in my boat. Or maybe ill drive a car next to it or better yet buy a helicopter and hover above it while driving a car next to that. Seems doable

TxsRiverRat
05-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Dylan, i do have a android smart phone. If i can get tyhe speed app how do I actually set the speedo. I have the Vdig in my boat. Or maybe ill drive a car next to it or better yet buy a helicopter and hover above it while driving a car next to that. Seems doable

greatness! LMFAO!

Dylan
05-26-2011, 04:58 PM

No idea on how to calibrate the VDIG, I have much simpler gauges. Might want to call your dealer on the setup. In the android market, I use "GPS Speedometer."
Good luck!

MC X-15
05-27-2011, 04:22 PM
That app works great. Hopefully my user manual will tell me how to calibrate the speedo. Thanks for the help!

Cobra Rob
07-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I think I am off by about 10MPH at the higher range. Did anyone find the instructions to re calibrate?